Me launching with the new gears!

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
I wasnt shifting fast cuz I lose traction through 3rd if I slam them but enjoy.

:beer:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-WLk7EWMXo"]YouTube - How to launch with 4.30 gears[/ame]

you will have to click on the title of the video to watch it. Its not wanting to play for me on this page.

Last edited:

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
For as much hate as the Tomos get, they are actually an awesome ass tire. I had them on my '97 for 2 years and never had one problem. They hooked great for a street tire and performed excellent in cold weather/rain.

Plus my 275s looked like 305s for some reason. Very nice tire.

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
For as much hate as the Tomos get, they are actually an awesome ass tire. I had them on my '97 for 2 years and never had one problem. They hooked great for a street tire and performed excellent in cold weather/rain.

Plus my 275s looked like 305s for some reason. Very nice tire.

They seem like they have worn quick since I got them. Probly my fault. I think a street dot radial would be alot better tho.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Lol I should post up a vid of mine. It looks super fast, but it's really just because I haven't got a speedometer gear yet. 4.30s are fun

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
They seem like they have worn quick since I got them. Probly my fault. I think a street dot radial would be alot better tho.

Ive been through three sets of the sumitumos and each time they wore pretty quickly imo. When theyre brand new they dont seem so bad, but once they get worn pretty good they suck. They spin so easily it wears the middle of the tire alot. This time around I did Nittos all around. 315 555Rs in the back and 275 555s in the front. Sofar they seem waay better. I may just try to stick with the Nittos for now on...

shhak

Established Member
I put 4.30's in my last 03 cobra. With sticky tires, they were cool. But with street tires, they weren't much fun (unless you like 1320' - 120mph burnouts...)

wma8706

Established Member
yea... those gears are a blast to drive on the streets. Best mod you can put on that car short of a power adder!

03DOHC

Established Member
Looks like fun!

4.30s were the only go fast mod I had on my 97 Cobra and I loved those gears. The 1-2 shift comes up really damn quick!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You definitely hooked really nice, and the revs built fast between gears. Nice setup IMO. Best of luck with it. It sure must be a lot more fun to drive now. Eh?

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
You definitely hooked really nice, and the revs built fast between gears. Nice setup IMO. Best of luck with it. It sure must be a lot more fun to drive now. Eh?

Its alot more fun to drive now. Im still trying to figure out where I need to be shifting with these new gears tho. I dont wanna over rev it ya know.

Users who are viewing this thread