McLeod RXT Clutch Assembly - Pictures

DocHolliday

I'm your huckleberry
Established Member
My McLeod RXT clutch assembly arrived this week. I just thought I would share some pictures of how nice these parts are. The craftsmanship is spectacular. It should make its way into the car sometime next week. I am really looking forward to it since my stock one is hanging on by a thread.

Also... thanks to ViperBlueCobra for letting me drive his car to help finalized my decision on the clutch/flywheel combination.

I chose the McLeod RXT clutch assembly (6923-07) and the heavy billet steel McLeod flywheel (463408). I will add some more pics when I disassemble it to install it. Enjoy the pics…

IMG_5447.jpg

IMG_5448.jpg

IMG_5449.jpg

IMG_5450.jpg

IMG_5451.jpg

IMG_5452.jpg

IMG_5454.jpg

IMG_5476.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

IMG_5475.jpg

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Good luck with the new clutch. May I strongly suggest ARP #254-2801 Pro Series Chromemoly Flywheel Bolts instead of the one time use Ford OEM bolts. Shop around for the best price. I got mine from Summit.

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
Have the same clutch....You'll love it....If you have any questions on the install let me know....pretty straight forward...

DocHolliday

I'm your huckleberry
Established Member
Good luck with the new clutch. May I strongly suggest ARP #254-2801 Pro Series Chromemoly Flywheel Bolts instead of the one time use Ford OEM bolts. Shop around for the best price. I got mine from Summit.

Thanks! I already got them. You can actually see them in the last pic, laying next to the box. $32 at my local speed shop. I figured the additional $15 was well worth it considering how much I already have invested in this. ;-) Also, planning on changing the transmissions fluid out to RP Synchromax.

I appreciate all of the good advice we can provide each other.:beer:

DocHolliday

I'm your huckleberry
Established Member
I am not planning on changing my slave cyl right now. At 19k miles it should be just fine. I have talked to several people that have done the same and not had any issues. If/when it starts giving me problems I will pull the trans back out and change it then.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
I am not planning on changing my slave cyl right now. At 19k miles it should be just fine. I have talked to several people that have done the same and not had any issues. If/when it starts giving me problems I will pull the trans back out and change it then.

You should consider changing out the pilot bearing though while the flywheel is off. ;-)

DocHolliday

I'm your huckleberry
Established Member
Thanks Ackman. I guess I should provide some updates. I am about 250 miles into the break in period. So far the clutch is fantastic, and it will get a little smoother as it breaks in. First gear is a little finicky, but is getting better. The rest of the engagements are incredibly smooth. The Royal Purple has also made a noticble difference in the gear changes, and no more roll-over noise at idle. It is like learning to drive the car all over again. Very different than the stock 07-09 clutch. The pedal feel/effort is very similar to the OEM '11 clutch.

So far I couldn't be happier with the overall outcome and I can't wait to reach the 500 mile mark so I can give it some true testing. McLeod Racing has been great to deal with, and thanks to David at Texas Auto Gear for a great install and excellent service.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Nice looks great. What made you go with the heavy flywheel over the lighten billet steel one?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Thanks Ackman. I guess I should provide some updates. I am about 250 miles into the break in period. So far the clutch is fantastic, and it will get a little smoother as it breaks in. First gear is a little finicky, but is getting better. The rest of the engagements are incredibly smooth. The Royal Purple has also made a noticble difference in the gear changes, and no more roll-over noise at idle. It is like learning to drive the car all over again. Very different than the stock 07-09 clutch. The pedal feel/effort is very similar to the OEM '11 clutch.

So far I couldn't be happier with the overall outcome and I can't wait to reach the 500 mile mark so I can give it some true testing. McLeod Racing has been great to deal with, and thanks to David at Texas Auto Gear for a great install and excellent service.

Wanna REALLY feel a diff? Dump the RP and fill with Mobil 1. It's the ONLY non-stock fill Tremec suggests and there's a reason why.

I'm running the same clutch and heavy flywheel on my 07 GT500. Hot lap if you want....it's a mother of a clutch.

bj

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Wanna REALLY feel a diff? Dump the RP and fill with Mobil 1. It's the ONLY non-stock fill Tremec suggests and there's a reason why.

*Sigh*

Did you seriously bump this thread simply to leg hump Mobil 1 again? :dw:

I'm seriously considering buying you a gallon of something better....just for free. Maybe then you will call Tremec and say, "Seriously guys? You said Mobil 1 was the ONLY choice for your transmission."

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
There is no way tremec said mobil was the only tranny fluid recommend. Because if that were true ford would of never used there own fluid. So that can't be true. At 20k I swtich to amsoil atf it feels the same as motorcraft when cold. But after it warms up its a little smoother than stock fluid. This is still using the stock clutch at 20k aswell. It may be better with thr RXT.

Users who are viewing this thread