McLeod clutch break-in

RJCobra

Established Member
The McLeod installation instructions say the Traction control must be off during the break-in period. They even used the bold lettering.
Why is that?

ctgreddy

Established Member
Maybe it has something to do with how traction control kicks on, it might be somewhat bad on the clutch when it's brand new the way it pulls power and kinda jerks the car around?

TermiN8er

Corn Fed Beast
Established Member
traction control will clamp the rear brakes and try to stop your engine and trans. I.E it will cause you to severely slip the clutch. just drive it in as many city style miles for at least 500 miles and then enjoy.

I have 250 mi on my Street twin so far. just a little more to go.....

Hey RJCobra what exactly are Mcleod's break-in instructions?

I was curious because Counterforce recommends 400 - 500mi. of stop and go traffic to break theirs in.

RJCobra

Established Member
Hey RJCobra what exactly are Mcleod's break-in instructions?

I was curious because Counterforce recommends 400 - 500mi. of stop and go traffic to break theirs in.

15) Break-in period…Do not break-in this clutch system on a chassis dyno!! Normal street driving is best for the break-in period. Drive the car for about 500 city miles (1200 clutch cycles) while normally shifting the car up and down through the gears (Traction Control must be off!). After the break-in period you can then drive the car aggressively to enjoy the additional performance without clutch slippage.

http://www.mcleodracing.com/content/pdf5473.pdf

Last edited:

RJCobra

Established Member
traction control will clamp the rear brakes and try to stop your engine and trans. I.E it will cause you to severely slip the clutch. just drive it in as many city style miles for at least 500 miles and then enjoy.

I have 250 mi on my Street twin so far. just a little more to go.....

Make sense.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread