Mcleod Adjustable TOB

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
My Mcleod Adjustable TOB lost hydraulic pressure. Turns out one of the two lines on the TOB rubbed the Ram disc and sprung a leak. The shop replaced it with a Ford TOB. They said the steel line on the Ford TOB won't rub. Any of you guys runing Ford TOB on after market clutches?

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
I'm running a McLeod RXT with the stock TOB with no Issues. The clutch is incredible and the pedal feels like a civic clutch now. I pumped the clutch for 20 minutes Before I started the car thinking I had no pedal. I considered installing a new stock TOB but I could find nothing that wrong with the original and it has 24,000 miles on it.

manOwar

Established Member
I'm running the stock TOB with the RAM... It's hard to shift into second with the RPMs up. Third and fourth's not as bad but still not as easy as it should be. Not sure if it the trans or the clutch/TOB combo but I'm sick of it!! It's never shifted worth a $h!T... Going Auto!

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
not on a GT500, but I have a OEM TOB on my GT with a Spec 3+ never an issue.

in all the reading I've done since the aftermarket TOBs were introduced, they have consistently been a disappointment on reliability.

Users who are viewing this thread