Maybe a dumb question..

4OCIUS4V

BOOST Junkie!!!!
Established Member
I've got a 98 cobra that I'm forging right now and will be using 03-04 cobra heads on the motor. First question, do I need to get 03-04 cobra specific headers. And second, will my current bassani x-pipe bolt up to 03-04 headers if I have to use them? Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Yep, that's a dumb question.

I kid I kid, but you will need 03/04 headers since you are changing heads, if the 98 cobra ones will bolt up, I will be very surprised. I don't think your X pipe will bolt right up, but take it to a muffler shop and they will make it fit.

4OCIUS4V

BOOST Junkie!!!!
Established Member
Thats what I was thinking. I wasn't too worried about the x-pipe. I bought it cheap so I can either sell it or modify it. I was mostly concerned about a header swap.

Jeremy

coolguy10786

Established Member
I was always under the impression that the headers are interchangeable and the main difference is the SAI and Egr hook ups.

Your x pipe is the one to use, but if you were to use 03 specific headers it may not just bolt up.

CTs2Fast96GT

Established Member
My hookers say 96-04 but they do have 2 different EGR hookups on them with a block off. So i think they should fit B or C heads it just depends on which ones you have. ***JOSH***

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
The headers will work on any heads. The headers I have now were installed on C heads before I bought them. I put them on B heads and am now using them on 03/04 heads.

Users who are viewing this thread