may have found my next car....svt???

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Well the fox should be on it's way to NC by next weekend at the latest and the search for the DD began....but did not last long. I found a bone stock Silver 2003 SVT Focus w/ 24K miles in Philadelphia for sale. I was looking for something else as a DD but I think this is a pretty good deal, seller was asking $10K...KBB for excellent condidtion is $9700, from the pics it looks to be in great shape. I am going to look at it tomorrow and from our talk today I think he is willing to drop to $9K. College kid looking to sell to help with tuition. Florida car originally, that's where all the miles came from the first 2 years. Does anyone have any experience with the SVT Focus??? I like the idea of getting back into an SVT, even though it is not a cobra... but 170 HP 4 banger with a 6-speed sounds pretty good to me. I have been reading up on them, looking thru the Focus forums and they seem to be pretty reliable with decent power and great handling.....pretty excited.:banana: Pics to follow soon.

Update: kid called me about 20 minutes before I was to see it today and told me he could not sell the car to me because a guy from CT was coming down with cash on Thursday to buy it ....oh well the search continues, anyone that comes across a low milege one for a decent price let me know.:(

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Driven one...looked at buying one, but ended up with a brandy new one instead because it was cheeper. They are cool, esp if you get one with the heated seats and mirrors. They do handle well, and have reasonable pickup for a little 4 popper, although a mildly modded teg will walk one.

Drive it, I think you'll be pleased.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Same here as Mikey. /\ My wife wanted a Focus, we drove an SVT in good shape, and she liked it. They were asking $15k for it then (2 years ago). But she tried a new manual ZX3, and liked it just as much, and it was the same price, with a full warantee. She liked them equally, so we got the ZX3. If it was me, I'd have gone for the 6 speed and suspension. We ended up spending another $1200 to get the suspension near SVT specs.

Good luck. Tell the guy you want to try it out, and bring it on the Catoctin Mountain Cruise for a test drive.

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
LOL, Gregg, that is EXACTLY the same thing we did. What would be even funnier...you didn't happen to test drive a yellow one at carmax did you? I know that'd be one helluva stretch...

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Driven one...looked at buying one, but ended up with a brandy new one instead because it was cheeper. They are cool, esp if you get one with the heated seats and mirrors. They do handle well, and have reasonable pickup for a little 4 popper, although a mildly modded teg will walk one.

Drive it, I think you'll be pleased.

I was thinking about a ZX3 (there are a ton of them for sale) but this came along and for the price I don't think I can pass it up....power I am not to worried about anymore, I think it will be peppy enough for me and as long as it gets me from A to B with reasonable fun I will be fine with that.:D

By the way is anyone else having to log back in everytime you post something:cuss:Still working out the bugs I guess.....

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
LOL, Gregg, that is EXACTLY the same thing we did. What would be even funnier...you didn't happen to test drive a yellow one at carmax did you? I know that'd be one helluva stretch...
Mike...Nope, red one at Farish Jeep/Subaru. They'd have let it go for less, they didn't want it on the lot.

I was thinking about a ZX3 (there are a ton of them for sale) but this came along and for the price I don't think I can pass it up....power I am not to worried about anymore, I think it will be peppy enough for me and as long as it gets me from A to B with resonable fun I will be fine with that.:D

By the way is anyone else having to log back in everytime you post something:cuss:Still working out the bugs I guess.....

Mike...Also, SVT version has a bit more torque, and in these cars, you really notice it.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Mike...Nope, red one at Farish Jeep/Subaru. They'd have let it go for less, they didn't want it on the lot.

Mike...Also, SVT version has a bit more torque, and in these cars, you really notice it.

I may have to get a hold of J Lund for a tune. I can't believe I am already talking about mods.....unbelievable.:bash: From what I read they really wake up with a ported TB (of all things) and a good tune. I may have to do the normal I/E/T just to feed my need:cryying:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
And you know what, they may not be as powerful or as jaw-dropping fast as a Cobra, but they are FUN to drive. A great DD.

TRBO VNM

hey mike, I had one. I had a 2003 sonic blue. man, I would love another. they are fun to drive and handle great. there are plenty of things you can do to them and yes, I have experience modding them..hahaha.

go with intrax springs. really looks good with them. you can go with the JRSC (jackson racing supercharger) and make decent power. nothing like you are use to, but makes the thing a blast to drive. there was a turbo one or two roaming around when I had mine, but it was all new then. they had problems cracking the "black box" for tuning.

don't get the AEM intake. well, at the time they had problems after a certain number of miles with rubbing and all other sorts of stuff.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I worked on a turbo one at my shop. Guy said the turbo kit was cheap. I was impressed. I always liked those cars.

Users who are viewing this thread