Maximum Over drive

Para81

Established Member
I don't remember bloody birthday....what was it about?

Do you remember The Gate? or The Thing?

Sure do, watched both of them at around age 7. How about 'The Blob'...that was weird.

Bloody Birthday was especially disturbing. It was about 3 kids who went around there suburban town killing people. There's a scene where try to poison an entire birthday party and another where this little girl hammers the head of some mechanic while he is working under his car on a lift. Oh and they all choke some kid with a garden hose in the middle of the day. Nice stuff :lol:

Greenwood1982

Established Member
Sure do, watched both of them at around age 7. How about 'The Blob'...that was weird.

Bloody Birthday was especially disturbing. It was about 3 kids who went around there suburban town killing people. There's a scene where try to poison an entire birthday party and another where this little girl hammers the head of some mechanic while he is working under his car on a lift. Oh and they all choke some kid with a garden hose in the middle of the day. Nice stuff :lol:

WOAH! No I do not remember that haha, I'm sure that would of been disturbing. Sounds like Children of the Corn on steroids.

The New movie THE THING is pretty good if you liked the original. It is a prequel. You should check that out if you haven't already

Greenwood1982

Established Member
The one scene that was burned into my mind to this day was the remote control cop car that was rammed into the German Shepards mouth

Or when the girl gets her arm cut by that turkey shaver.....the music was like DER DER DER DER DER DER! Everytime something bad when down. DER DER DER DER DER DEr!:dancenana:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
The stupidest thing of all was the rocket launcher itself. It was a M72 LAW and anyone that either served in the military back then or had someone family wise serve know that a M72 is a single shot disposable weapon you shot it and then throw the launcher away. But oh no there was always reloads for it in the movie.

True story one of the Reps from NY wanted to ban selling the used launchers in surplus stores and gun shows after seeing this movie because he thought you could buy them and then either buy the reloads or make your own homemade rockets :rolleyes:

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Filmed in Wilmington NC. Part on I40 just before it opened and then most on US421
We used to eat at that truck stop when I was a kid when we went to the coast to go fishing. It had been closed for some years before they did the film. The draw bridge in the beginning is the old main hwy. Got to take my kids across it right after they say the movie back in the day.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
This movie was glorious 80's cheese at its finest. Loved every bit of it. Full soundtrack by AC/DC, awesome trucks, blood. What's not to love?

My favorite of course is the Green Goblin truck but a very close second is the blood stained ice cream truck just slowly rolling through the neighborhood with the music still playing lol.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I drive a pepsi sideloader for a living, so HELL YES I would def. love to have that on the front of my truck. Although my sorry International 4900 has nothing on any Kenworth or Peterbilt.

Apparently the original truck it was mounted on was a western star.

I'm in a KW T700. It's a nice, comfortable truck. Not much personality though.

Greenwood1982

Established Member
The stupidest thing of all was the rocket launcher itself. It was a M72 LAW and anyone that either served in the military back then or had someone family wise serve know that a M72 is a single shot disposable weapon you shot it and then throw the launcher away. But oh no there was always reloads for it in the movie.

True story one of the Reps from NY wanted to ban selling the used launchers in surplus stores and gun shows after seeing this movie because he thought you could buy them and then either buy the reloads or make your own homemade rockets :rolleyes:

Always awesome to nit pick movies for their ignorance...My buddy know's alot about weapons and he points that out all the time in films, and I just sit there like a dumb ass.....what?

Filmed in Wilmington NC. Part on I40 just before it opened and then most on US421
We used to eat at that truck stop when I was a kid when we went to the coast to go fishing. It had been closed for some years before they did the film. The draw bridge in the beginning is the old main hwy. Got to take my kids across it right after they say the movie back in the day.

That is crazy! And it is a small world. Do you know if the truck stop is even there anymore? I always wondered if it was even street legal to have a hood ornament of that size!

Para81

Established Member
This movie was glorious 80's cheese at its finest. Loved every bit of it. Full soundtrack by AC/DC, awesome trucks, blood. What's not to love?

My favorite of course is the Green Goblin truck but a very close second is the blood stained ice cream truck just slowly rolling through the neighborhood with the music still playing lol.

LOL

Definitely need to get a DVD for the collection, too good not to have.

Greenwood1982

Established Member
LOL

Definitely need to get a DVD for the collection, too good not to have.

That's right, playing it's creepy ice cream music without the driver! LMAO

Do you guys remember the angry Lawnmower rolling around? or the guy who was stealing all the money from the arcade machines when they went crazy. He even stole a coffee cup full of coffee! lol

Para81

Established Member
That's right, playing it's creepy ice cream music without the driver! LMAO

Do you guys remember the angry Lawnmower rolling around? or the guy who was stealing all the money from the arcade machines when they went crazy. He even stole a coffee cup full of coffee! lol

LMAO

There is another film that just popped in my head, trying to remember the name but it used to freak me out and something to do with an evil rocking horse...i'll think about it.

Another one too - Had robot spiders, literally they would crawl around and inject something to kill you in them. The bad guy looked like the lead singer from Kiss and he had a gun with bullets that could go around corners and follow you! LOL. I vaguely remember the hero having a mustached but i'm sure it's not Tom Selleck. Anyone? :rolling:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread