Maximum Over drive

Greenwood1982

Established Member
So the other night I was watching t.v. and an old classic popped up. Maximum Overdrive! Alongside all the cheesy acting, I always enjoyed watching all the different trucks in that movie, especially the Happy Toyz truck. Do you guys remember that?

So needless to say, I was online showing my wife some old pics of the movie when I came across this photo. Turns out some time after the movie was filmed, a guy was looking for parts at a junkyard when He came across this........(If anyone can figure out how to post this pic up, I'd appreciate it)

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p220/kenworthman1976/Pics for forum/greengoblin2_zps082c9ab1.jpg

So sadly enough after the movie, the film crew just chucked this into the junk yard and it was forgotten for some years. So apparently this guy purchased it and restored it.

Evil INC with The Green Goblin Head from Stephen King's Maximum Overdrive - YouTube

Last edited:

Greenwood1982

Established Member
I liked watching that movie. It was cheesy but it was also enjoyable.

I know, I loved the movie! But that whole story finding it in a junk yard was crazy. Imagine coming across some hollywood in some small town in NC.

That damn goblin gave me nightmares when I was a kid.

I know, it was pretty freaky! I asked someone the other day if they remembered the movie, they said no. I thought damn, I'm old!

Last edited:

Para81

Established Member
Great movie, saw it 25 years ago.

Still remember the scene when little Billy and coach are pelted to death by soda cans out of the evil vending machine lol :bash:

Greenwood1982

Established Member
Great movie, saw it 25 years ago.

Still remember the scene when little Billy and coach are pelted to death by soda cans out of the evil vending machine lol :bash:

And then the little boy was run over by the steam roller!!!!

That ACDC music rocked!

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Loved that movie. Definitely a classic, cheesiness and all.

Para81

Established Member
And then the little boy was run over by the steam roller!!!!

That ACDC music rocked!

HELL YES! That's right I forgot about that!

My older brother used pretend he was a human steamroller when we were kids (he got it from this movie lol)

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
greengoblin2_zps082c9ab1.jpg

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I love that movie! It would be sweet to drive a W-9 Kenworth or a 379 Peterbilt with that on the front...

Greenwood1982

Established Member
We really have lived during an awesome era, stuff like that takes you back to a place that you can't relive now adays. The 80's had some unique movies thats for sure.

And the truck that got rocket launched....it was full of toilet paper.....what truck just carries toilet paper? lol

Last edited:

Greenwood1982

Established Member
I love that movie! It would be sweet to drive a W-9 Kenworth or a 379 Peterbilt with that on the front...

I drive a pepsi sideloader for a living, so HELL YES I would def. love to have that on the front of my truck. Although my sorry International 4900 has nothing on any Kenworth or Peterbilt.

Apparently the original truck it was mounted on was a western star.

Para81

Established Member
We really have lived during an awesome era, stuff like that takes you back to a place that you can't relive now adays. The 80's had some unique movies thats for sure.

And the truck that got rocket launched....it was full of toilet paper.....what truck just carries toilet paper? lol

LOL.

So true about the 80's. I spent ages five to ten in front of the TV (when I wasn't outside riding my bike). I must of watched over 1,000 80's movies during that time and lucky I had no restrictions on what I got to rent out of Blockbuster, they were all awesome. Especially the horror flicks.

An especially weird one I remember was 'Bloody Birthday'.

Greenwood1982

Established Member
LOL.

So true about the 80's. I spent ages five to ten in front of the TV (when I wasn't outside riding my bike). I must of watched over 1,000 80's movies during that time and lucky I had no restrictions on what I got to rent out of Blockbuster, they were all awesome. Especially the horror flicks.

An especially weird one I remember was 'Bloody Birthday'.

I don't remember bloody birthday....what was it about?

Do you remember The Gate? or The Thing?

Users who are viewing this thread