Maximum Motorsports CC Plates - can't meet stock Camber specs

cheeser

Established Member
Finished the Koni/Eibach/MM CC plate install this weekend and took it to an alignment shop today, along with the instructions. In performing the alignment, the tech couldn't get either side to meet the stock spec of appox -0.7....couldn't get any more positive than -1.4 on either side.

Curious if anyone else has had a similar issue? In talking with MM today, they indicated that the plates may be hitting something underneath and I may need to add a spacer if so. I took a quick look, but couldn't see anything. Will have to take the front wheels this weekend to see if I can see up in the strut. I did verify they are on correctly.

I am a bit disappointed in spending $300 for CC plates and it cant meet the stock specs, or that I have to cobble something together.

At this time, my alignment is:

Camber: -1.4 / -1.4
Caster: 6.8 / 6.9
Toe: .12 / .12

I drove it on a toll road at 80 and drives fine. My main concern is tire wear. I was planning on autocrossing it a few times this summer where I was going to increase the camber to -2.5 at the track and then put it back to the new aligned settings.

Is there anything to even worry about? Stock spec was -.7, and MM recommends -1.0.

cheeser

Established Member
The spacers were not required for the 2011+ vehicles...thus were not used. It appears the spacers are for the shaft anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread