Maxi 26 keeps blowing

lwood

Established Member
I just swapped out injectors and now I am blowing the Maxi 26 fuse. If I unplug the harness that goes to the ccrm it doesn't blow,as soon as I plug it back in it pops. Is this a clear sign the CCRM is bad? What else can I check? I showed the harness unplugged and the Maxi below.

Attachments

• 20230310_172607.jpg
    20230310_172607.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 20230310_172620.jpg
    20230310_172620.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 32

MG0h3

Established Member
Since you just changed the injectors, I’d start there.

Fuse is circuit protection from overload.

I’d do a visual inspection of the injector prongs with the harness off. Same with the harness side.

I’ve never done it, but I’m sure you can do a resistance test on the injectors. Again, never tested for this, but if an injector is shorted inside it’s like touching both prongs of the injector harness plug together.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MG0h3

Established Member
That is strange.

Now that I think about it, does the CCRM have anything to do with the injector circuit anyways? Ever had to troubleshoot it.

I always look at what I did last when a problem crops up like this. It’s almost always something that we did if a new problem shows up after a repair/mod

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03' White Snake

Established Member
Is it popping once you plug a new fuse in? Or with key on?

I had a similar issue, was popping a fuse with key on. Turned out to be the noise surpressors on the back of the cylinder heads. They are live positive power with key on, they were shorting out on the heads. I’ll have to look if I can find which fuse it was.

Check these in case you pulled them out of the connectors when changing the injectors.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes only when the key is turned on. I will see if I can see what your talking about with the Noise Suppressors.
theyre just small, rectangular, gray connectors on the back of each head, they dont look like much at all

Users who are viewing this thread