Max enjoying some pool time!

joshcarp81

Established Member
Here's our almost thirteen years old lab mix being spoiled rotten as usual. This nut cannot wait for weekends of summer to come around. The bad thing is he thinks he has to be doing something every minute of the weekend too!

Swims pretty good for only having three legs as well.

20160625_171943.jpg

joshcarp81

Established Member
Thought I'd share this one as well.
Kinda sad on my end as we had to have her put down a couple months ago...... softball sized cancer/tumor pushing up on her diaphragm..... I sure do miss her. She was 14 and was on phenobarbital for seizures for 13 years. Oldest dog that the vets had seen on anti seizure medication. I guess it shows we took good care of her.

20140722_084509.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sad that you had to put her down, but I'd say she had a very good life.

Love that photo of Max relaxing on the pool float. :)

joshcarp81

Established Member
She did. We treat our four and three legged ones as part of the family. I'm sure many here do the same. They give unconditional love. Max is definitely my little buddy.
I was in the shop most of the day and around 12 my wife brought him out with her cause he kept laying on our bed looking out the back window at the garage.
She said she had enough when he was in the hallway and wouldn't quit howling cause he wasn't with me.
I know when I come home he's always happier to see me then the wife is!!!!! Hahaha

joshcarp81

Established Member
If anyone else has any great dog pics and stories post em.
Current or past pets is cool.

The best current funny thing that happened with him I'd I was reinstalling the flywheel on my car and the garage door was open. He was tied out in a long cable and could come into the garage if he wanted to. When he had enough of his sniffing around in the yard he came under the car with me while I was on the creeper to hang out with me! What a nut!

Sn95Snake

Established Member
If anyone else has any great dog pics and stories post em.
Current or past pets is cool.

The best current funny thing that happened with him I'd I was reinstalling the flywheel on my car and the garage door was open. He was tied out in a long cable and could come into the garage if he wanted to. When he had enough of his sniffing around in the yard he came under the car with me while I was on the creeper to hang out with me! What a nut!

Sounds like you have an awesome dog sir! Enjoy every minute with him!

joshcarp81

Established Member
Ahhh! That's awesome!

He jumps in but we have to stay next to him so he doesn't rip the liner. I love the couch pic. That's him too at the end of the day. He has also developed sagging tongue syndrome. At least that's why I call it. He started last year with his tongue barely sticking out of his mouth. Now sometimes it's out an inch or two and feels like a piece of leather it gets so dry.

joshcarp81

Established Member
Ahhh! That's awesome!

He jumps in but we have to stay next to him so he doesn't rip the liner. I love the couch pic. That's him too at the end of the day. He has also developed sagging tongue syndrome. At least that's why I call it. He started last year with his tongue barely sticking out of his mouth. Now sometimes it's out an inch or two and feels like a piece of leather it gets so dry.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Here's our almost thirteen years old lab mix being spoiled rotten as usual. This nut cannot wait for weekends of summer to come around. The bad thing is he thinks he has to be doing something every minute of the weekend too!
Swims pretty good for only having three legs as well.
That's awesome. Just chilling,..........lol
What happened to one of his paws? Why does he only have 3?

joshcarp81

Established Member
He got hit by a car before he turned 1. Last owner was a p.o.s apparently and just let him out without being tied out. Someone took him to the shelter and they had to remove his entire leg except for about an inch or two so he only has a nub. That's how my wife got him. He was a rescue.

You'd never know it was missing! He jumps for birds at the top of a 6' privacy fence and has grabbed a few over the years. It's like that leg has become bionic! Haha

Users who are viewing this thread