Max Effort N/A

2l8ulose

Established Member
Trying to get some suggestions on a max effort N/A motor. Car will have g-force 5 speed weight under 2900 pds. will be driven on the street every now and then. Any trick ideas welcome. What would you do?

5.4 or 4.6?
BB stroker or de stroke it?
Heads?
Intake?
Cams?
Compression?

NVENEM8U

Bust'n ass since 1996
Established Member
Trying to get some suggestions on a max effort N/A motor. Car will have g-force 5 speed weight under 2900 pds. will be driven on the street every now and then. Any trick ideas welcome. What would you do?

5.4 or 4.6?
Heads?
Intake?
Cams?
Compression?

4.6 based, 324 ci big bore stroker,ported 03-04 c heads, 12:1 + compression, custom cams, psr intake, all the bolt ons
nazman made 537 rwhp n/a with a similar combo if im not mistaken.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member

5.4 or 4.6?
Heads?
Intake?
Cams?
Compression?
Max effort means different things to different people. What is your definition?

There is no good reason to destroke.

Trick ideas come at a cost.

What gas, 93 or race fuel?

Is there a hp goal? RPM limit? The G force t-5 doesn't like to shift at 8k.

4.6 based, 324 ci big bore stroker,ported 03-04 c heads, 12:1 + compression, custom cams, psr intake, all the bolt ons
nazman made 537 rwhp n/a with a similar combo if im not mistaken.

Naz made 537 with 13:1, sullivan intake, livernois 03/04 heads and cams with .050" durations in the 250s.

2l8ulose

Established Member
na svt

Max effort means different things to different people. What is your definition?

Max effort means i want to be different and make the most power i can N/A

There is no good reason to destroke.

Destroke was more for the 5.4 with bb

Trick ideas come at a cost.

Don't have a problem with that(i would like to use some tricks borrowed from pure street factory stock cars) i have a few ideas of my own feel free to pm some of yours if you can

What gas, 93 or race fuel?

It would be race fuel

Is there a hp goal? RPM limit? The G force t-5 doesn't like to shift at 8k.
MOre than Naz. RPM limit dont know. I'm not scared to spin it. If the g force wont shift i'll look into that. But i already have it.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Max effort means i want to be different and make the most power i can N/A

Destroke was more for the 5.4 with bb

Don't have a problem with that(i would like to use some tricks borrowed from pure street and factory stock cars) i have a few ideas of my own feel free to pm some of yours if you can

It would be race fuel

MOre than Naz. RPM limit dont know. I'm not scared to spin it. If the g force wont shift i'll look into that. But i already have it.

Carlos made 537rwhp with his Modular Performance built BB/stroker. John Mihovetz made 577 FWHP with a BB 5.4, 12.5:1 mild cams and a Cobra R intake. Modular Performance made over 600rwhp with a BB 5.4 (thru an automatic trans) with GT heads and a Sullivan. There may be some more power in the heads but that'll cost ya a good amount of cash.

Those who run very high hp n/a combos spend an @ssload of moeny on a transmission that'll shift at those RPMs. Also, along with those high RPMs comes a lot of clutch and driveline failures.

With all out hp in mind I'd go with an aluminum 5.4 with 3.7" sleeves, and run a c-4 with a very good stall.

2l8ulose

Established Member
I did some searches and i think i may try the 4.6 bb stroker based off of naz's motor but would like to try and get more out of it. Do you thinkk it can be done na svt?

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I did some searches and i think i may try the 4.6 bb stroker based off of naz's motor but would like to try and get more out of it. Do you thinkk it can be done na svt?

Nazmans combo was pretty maxed out. I don't really think you would be able to improve too much if any over that without spending alot of money. A 5.3L with FGT heads and the FR500C intake would probably be capable but that is very expensive, if you can even get ahold of a FR500C intake to begin with.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
A 5.3L with FGT heads and the FR500C intake would probably be capable but that is very expensive, if you can even get ahold of a FR500C intake to begin with.

The FR500C intake is not a high RPM intake and without high RPMs a 5.3 won't make power. The Sullivan is the intake to use, but it will have to be modified to work with the GT heads.

GT heads are cheap, about $1900 for a set.

Users who are viewing this thread