Match 2 lunar gauges to stock cluster Illumination

OhIIICobra

Established Member
In order to get two lunar guages to exactly match the stock terminator cluster illumination you'll need 135 Ohm resistor in series with the white wires on the guages and fuse #37 if you use a minifuse add-a-circuit. I couldn't find a 135 Ohm resistor at Radio Shack, so I put a 100 Ohm, 10 Ohm, 10 Ohm, and a 15 Ohm in series. :idea:

Figured some may not want variable potentiometers / resistors, so I figured out the exact load needed to match the stock cluster and use stock illumination adjustment knob.

mosconiac

Established Member
Here's my solution, which uses a rheostat. I really need a 50 Ohm for two gauges in parallel (you used 135 Ohm on each gauge as I read it), but the 25 Ohm at full "dimming" is pretty close. My guess is I need to get to around 30-35 Ohms to match perfectly.

Once I add the other gauges I want, the 25 Ohm will be fine.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I used Mark's 25 ohm sweep potentiometer method(excellent right up btw) and added in a 100 ohm resistor in the ground line (hot side is set up parallel)...

It's adjustable and even as the brightness disparity changes as the factory dimmer sweeps... you can change it to make it match as the differences change.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread