Mass Shooter thwarted at Joel Osteen's church

rborden

Established Member
He is the kinda guy that will make your skin crawl.
He reminds me of Martin Short.

IMG_7126.png
IMG_7127.jpeg

rborden

Established Member
So the govt is to blame here for failing to do their part to keep this miserable miscreant from purchasing firearms.

But sure, let's make another 60,000 new useless gun laws that don't work because no one wants to actually enforce the ones on the book....

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Bet he knows the going price of a fully loaded Escalade.
An Escalade? Ha. I'm thinking more along the lines of German. Those clowns don't have any shame and really though, I have to blame the idiots who think you can give a lot of money to a snake oil huckster and your problems will be fixed.

Established Member
We just moved south and to be honest, it's amazing how quickly some churches tell you that the bible says you have to give 10%, and how many people buy into that statement. Helping someone or a group in need in the community is called generosity and doesn't go towards the minimum expected tithe. Those are different things. Wow. My take is the real reason the bible belt exists is because the populace is willing to finance it.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
So the govt is to blame here for failing to do their part to keep this miserable miscreant from purchasing firearms.

But sure, let's make another 60,000 new useless gun laws that don't work because no one wants to actually enforce the ones on the book....

Nail on the ****ing HEAD.

MG0h3

Established Member

Same shit with the border disaster.

The “broken laws” and “I need more power” is all a lie.

The laws that were on the books when I went through in 03’ are plenty to shit all these blood suckers home upon arrival.

We flew 15k Afghans a day here. I watched the planes come in. You’d see 10 planes on descent on the same flight path. Never seen anything like it in my life.

We can do it for these leaches. They use “can’t” instead of “won’t”.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

rborden

Established Member
We just moved south and to be honest, it's amazing how quickly some churches tell you that the bible says you have to give 10%, and how many people buy into that statement. Helping someone or a group in need in the community is called generosity and doesn't go towards the minimum expected tithe. Those are different things. Wow. My take is the real reason the bible belt exists is because the populace is willing to finance it.
The Bible does say that.

“One-tenth of the produce of the land, whether grain from the fields or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD and must be set apart to him as holy." - Leviticus 27:30

And 100 more Scriptures on it.

When you give, you always get back more in different ways. It's not about the money, it's about heart posture.

God will give you more in return when you do give. He might bless you with a better job, a nicer house, a raise you didn't expect, an inheritance you didn't expect.

If you're not religious that's fine. I am and I'm just trying to convey the concept behind tithing and I can speak from experience, it works.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
The Bible does say that.

“One-tenth of the produce of the land, whether grain from the fields or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD and must be set apart to him as holy." - Leviticus 27:30

When you give, you always get back more in different ways. It's not about the money, it's about heart posture.

God will give you more in return when you do give. He might bless you with a better job, a nicer house, a raise you didn't expect, an inheritance you didn't expect.

If you're not religious that's fine. I am and I'm just trying to convey the concept behind tithing and I can speak from experience, it works.
We tithe! No shame in that.

Sent from my SM-S908U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Established Member
I've been religious my whole life, just never told if you're going to be a member of this church, we expect 10%. Not you give 10% to needy, you give 10% at the door and anything you give to anyone with needs is generosity. I've had the 10% discussion with more than one theologian/Deacon, and not really intending to go down that rabbit hole on a forum. Just making a financial statement along the comments about guys like Joel; and their wealth. I have no problem with what someone tithes. Thats your private business.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The Bible does say that.

The often misunderstood part of tithing is that if you give to a fraud then you will get nothing back and are just being scammed, and that may be true, but the important part is where your heart is. God will see your heart and bless you and if the person you gave to is a scam artist then God sees their heart too and judgement will come for them eventually. Obviously don't give to known scammers but if you mistakenly do you aren't diminishing the original intent of it. Besides, God can take stolen tithes and turn it into something good as it was His to begin with.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I think the point is Joel Osteen is profiting off God by manipulating believers into thinking he is not only preaching God’s word but Osteen himself is a man of God. He’s a con and got rich exploiting the gullibility of the faithful.
If Joel Osteen is a man of god, then I am the pope. He’s a fraud…

IMG_5432.png
IMG_6630.png

IMG_9558.jpeg

C5D5CC61-C55E-4F72-8196-40D51ABD087C-3647-00000390C2E76E14.png

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I think the point is Joel Osteen is profiting off God by manipulating believers into thinking he is not only preaching God’s word but Osteen himself is a man of God. He’s a con and got rich exploiting the gullibility of the faithful.

Doesn't matter. If he thinks he's fooling God then he has what's coming to him. If he's a fraud then he'll likely see his little empire come crashing down in this life or the next. If he's honest and truthful then he will continually be blessed. God can still use a fraud for His purposes as Joel still gets people in the front door and introduced to Christ. Some people will get burned and maybe never come back while others find a different church. God isn't worried about the money, he's interested in your heart and soul and whether you're going to meet Him in Heaven when you you die. Our perspectives are skewed.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Doesn't matter. If he thinks he's fooling God then he has what's coming to him. If he's a fraud then he'll likely see his little empire come crashing down in this life or the next. If he's honest and truthful then he will continually be blessed. God can still use a fraud for His purposes as Joel still gets people in the front door and introduced to Christ. Some people will get burned and maybe never come back while others find a different church. God isn't worried about the money, he's interested in your heart and soul and whether you're going to meet Him in Heaven when you you die. Our perspectives are skewed.
He is a prosperity preacher and tells his flock, hey if you think you are a good person and feel good about yourself, well that’s good enough for the Lord..

rborden

Established Member
According to many articles, he takes $0 from his congregation. His money comes from book deals and speaking engagements.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
According to many articles, he takes $0 from his congregation. His money comes from book deals and speaking engagements.

I got a bridge in brooklyn to sell you if you believe that. Osteen is a charlatan peddling his huckster version of christianity and that’s being nice. That mfers teleprompter is bigger than Obama’s and that is not a church service, its entertainment. He tells his “flock” what they want to hear and they empty their wallets… He’s made faith a business just like the frauds before him, his father John Osteen, Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swagart etc… there is nothing redeeming about these frauds.

rborden

Established Member
I got a bridge in brooklyn to sell you if you believe that. Osteen is a charlatan peddling his huckster version of christianity and that’s being nice. That mfers teleprompter is bigger than Obama’s and that is not a church service, its entertainment. He tells his “flock” what they want to hear and they empty their wallets… He’s made faith a business just like the frauds before him, his father John Osteen, Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swagart etc… there is nothing redeeming about these frauds.
I dont know the man so its not my place to judge.

He's not my cup of tea anyhow. I liked Dr. Charles Stanley. His son Andy has a great sermon too.

Users who are viewing this thread