mashed it at 40 in 2nd but it didn't seem to pull like it should.

Ralo

Established Member
I'll play, belt slipping? If it is driving fine otherwise, gas mileage ok, are you watching the boost gauge? If you only have the stock overlay, it may jump up and you are only getting 10 psi or so.
Builds boost fine
Are you still getting maf voltage invalid? I would concentrate on that and maybe change the maf out for a test.
Wish I had an extra one. If I bought a aftermarket one I would have to retune wouldn't I?

Ralo

Established Member
No codes at all, sure wish I did. I only have the stock one that came on the car. If I'm going to buy one it will be a SCT. Would I need a tune after installing it?

cobracide

Established Member
No codes at all, sure wish I did. I only have the stock one that came on the car. If I'm going to buy one it will be a SCT. Would I need a tune after installing it?

Figure out the handheld and get to the bottom of maf voltage. SCT whatever maf and the stock maf are not interchangeable.

MedicMan

Established Member
Ralo where in Arkansas are you?? You could borrow mine if your close. (NW Corner here)
Also, who did your tune???

Ralo

Established Member
Ralo where in Arkansas are you?? You could borrow mine if your close. (NW Corner here)
Also, who did your tune???

I really appreciate the offer but I'm in the NE corner, about a hour from Memphis, TN. Dynospeed racing in Memphis did my tune.

Stalker27

Established Member
I'm baffled, long shot here but have you tried cleaning the maf? I know it prob won't do shit lol. Kinda sounds like the maf is fried. That plug looks like at one time got water on it

Last edited:

Ralo

Established Member
I'm baffled, long shot here but have you tried cleaning the maf? I know it prob won't do shit lol. Kinda sounds like the maf is fried. That plug looks like at one time got water on it

I haven't but I was thinking about it earlier. The only thing that makes me think it's not dead is when I datalogged it read counts. Wish there was a way to know for sure that it's bad.

Could it be a front o2?

Been told it could be the pump but it's not hard to start like I would think it would be.

Also been told it could be the fuel rail pressure sensor but a code should be thrown.

Really clueless here.

03_Cobra_Coy

AWESOMENESS
Established Member
I haven't but I was thinking about it earlier. The only thing that makes me think it's not dead is when I datalogged it read counts. Wish there was a way to know for sure that it's bad.

Could it be a front o2?

Been told it could be the pump but it's not hard to start like I would think it would be.

Also been told it could be the fuel rail pressure sensor but a code should be thrown.

Really clueless here.

i think its that one you said it will build boost but doesnt pull hard.. that might be it.. but that is weird its not throwing a code....

Terminated03

Established Member
I dont want to send you on a wild goose chase, but I think it sounds like a vacuum line has served its time and now has a crack in it (therefore not serving its purpose 100% of the time anymore).

Ralo

Established Member
Are there any specific ones I should concentrate on?

Ralo

Established Member
Got it out today seemed to have power like it should. Cruised a little more than hammered down and it was a dog again. Still no codes and no real idea what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread