Market Shoppers Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevik

Established Member
Recently A break in/theft involving my 03 Cobra left me in search of a head unit. So I started a thread on this site looking for a good "working" unit to replace the one that had been stolen. jiu-jitsu99 read my thread and contacted me via PM to let me know he had a "working" unit for sale. I willingly purchased the item with my paypal acct. I was in the process of relocating for work and getting ready for a wedding so I was not able to install the item right away. When I did finally have some free time, I find out the CD function doesn't work. When trying to get CD's to load/play it has a CD Error. I have tried to make communications with jiu-jitsu99 only to find out he is not willing to refund my money.

The bottom Line...The item arrived with CD's lodged in the head unit. This situation was never brought to my attention during the sale or payment for the item. It also proves that the disc error was something the seller knew about from the start. I will agree that a paypal case should have been raised immediately but time did not permit it. This is only an attempt to make other members aware of what to expect when dealing with jiu-jitsu99..

Last edited:

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Thanks for the heads up. There should be a sticky for bad sellers and buyers!

That's what the trader rating system is for.

I will add that jiu-jitsu99 had a +5 with zero negatives until this. I would want to hear what he said first, then make a judgement call. If OP's story is true, he deserves a refund.

Last edited:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
He's fairly local to me and I've spoke to him numerous times and even been on a couple cruises with him. I would never expect something like this. I'd be curious to hear his side of the story. You said you "tried to make communication"? So you never actually got ahold of him? Sucks either way.

Last edited:
Recently A break in/theft involving my 03 Cobra left me in search of a head unit. So I started a thread on this site looking for a good "working" unit to replace the one that had been stolen. jiu-jitsu99 read my thread and contacted me via PM to let me know he had a "working" unit for sale. I willingly purchased the item with my paypal acct. I was in the process of relocating for work and getting ready for a wedding so I was not able to install the item right away. When I did finally have some free time, I find out the CD function doesn't work. When trying to get CD's to load/play it has a CD Error. I have tried to make communications with jiu-jitsu99 only to find out he is not willing to refund my money.

The bottom Line...The item arrived with CD's lodged in the head unit. This situation was never brought to my attention during the sale or payment for the item. It also proves that the disc error was something the seller knew about from the start. I will agree that a paypal case should have been raised immediately but time did not permit it. This is only an attempt to make other members aware of what to expect when dealing with jiu-jitsu99..

i dealt with jiu-jitsu99 on a couple big dollar buys. i thought he was a great seller.

Zemedici

Established Member
Was the piece advertised as '100% perfect working condition'? Or was it 'hey i have my old one' 'yeah i'll buy it'

And lemme guess, you gifted the money.

nycarpenter

Established Member
I would never sell anything with a known defect. But have found this not to be the way all here do business. The seller may have had no clue the unit was defective and just past it along to you not knowing of issue. How long did you wait before install. Its a 100.00 part why not split it with your seller?

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
I've spoken to him at a few meets and seemed like a really good guy. How long between buying it and installing it?

Curious to see the results of this

jiu-jitsu99

Established Member
Kevin,
You are accusing me of selling a malfunctioning part with no evidence to back it up. I have being a member of this board for 10 years and have NEVER had a negative rating. I have sold/traded many cars and parts on this board without ever having an issue. As a matter of fact most cars I have sold here were sight unseen. I have shipped parts and cars to many states and never had an issue. A few weeks before selling you this unit I even sold a Whipple supercharger to Canada to a member here. I still keep in touch with many of my buyers. I Also have sold many parts to the local MACA members (without one negative rating).

Paypal requires a 45 day notification from the time of the purchase. You contacted me after 133 days from the radio being delivered to you.

You purchased the radio in December of 2013 and contacted me in April of 2014 stating that the radio was not playing CDs and wanted me to refund $60 dollars. you paid $80 and I paid for shipping which netted me $60 dollars. Upon receipt of the radio I contacted you to make sure everything was ok. You replied that the radio had arrived and that everything was in perfect shape. You even told me that you had plans of installing the radio as soon as possible and later (after 133 days) stated that you never installed the radio and that is why you were contacting me so late. We discussed every angle of this issue. My understanding is that we had a common agreement that it was unfair to request a refund after so many months of receiving/using the unit.

You again contacted me last week that you now wanted your money back because there were CDs in it (we are now talking 10 months after you purchased/used the unit). I can assure you that the unit was functioning when it was shipped.

Without any evidence to back up your claim, you then decided to state that I had PM you instead of making a for sale thread because I knew the head unit was defective. You made a WTB thread and i replied to your thread. How could I magically discovered that you had intentions of purchasing a Cobra head unit?

Did you take the time to see how many other items I have sold after selling you that unit? Look at my rating.

I feel that it is a bit too much to request a refund at this point. Again, in over 10 years of being a member on this board and coral you are the first person that is unsatisfied with something that I sold. It is a common practice to inspect and install parts as you as you get them. That way you have a more solid case to present to the seller or to anyone else for that matter.

Doug

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
After hearing both sides my opinion is the OP really has no case. I wouldn't give a refund months later either.

jiu-jitsu99

Established Member
I would like to thank the Svtperformance community to take their time and listened to both sides of the story. It is a shame that this guy brought it this far

This is part of what he PM me late last week:

By Nevik
"I also feel that you claim that I waited to long is BS and feel that you should of man'd up and refunded my money, knowing this unit was no good, or just in plain old good faith. I still feel you should refund my money in hopes to keep your so called "good" reputation going on this site."

Ricky19

Established Member
Thread is closed. This guy wants his cake and to eat it too. LOL guy is feeling ripped off for 60 bucks and has the nerve to threaten ppl. SVTP BEWARE OF Nevik

BLACKSN8KE1988

Established Member
Well it is 60 bucks and op you did wait too long for paypal to do anything about it. As for seller if he knew it was a cd error and claimed it to be 100% good working order there is always karma.This thread is good for an eye opener for buyers since there is a lot of us who buy and collect parts before the install.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
133 days later is a joke. It sucks op your having issues but you chose 10 months later to post up the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread