Mark Hamil spotted in London - Star Wars Fans

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67097

Trimmed down and appears to be growing in the Jedi beard!!

MHpeter_large_zpsc83a4d2b.jpg

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
goddamn he looks old.

These movies should have been done 10-15yrs ago prior to them doing the prequels.

I cant wait for these to come out though, so we can forget about 1-3 ever existing.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
that dude in the pic with Hamil was the voice of Darth Maul in Episode 1... I wonder if this means we'll see Darth Maul return???? He did afterall, reunite with Sidious toward the end of The Clone Wars cartoon.

(Maul would be old as hell 30 years after ROTJ, but perhaps his species just doesn't age like humans?)

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
that dude in the pic with Hamil was the voice of Darth Maul in Episode 1... I wonder if this means we'll see Darth Maul return???? He did afterall, reunite with Sidious toward the end of The Clone Wars cartoon.

(Maul would be old as hell 30 years after ROTJ, but perhaps his species just doesn't age like humans?)

Didn't he get cut in half and fall into a pit? I haven't watched the movies in a while so I may be thinking of someone else.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
that dude in the pic with Hamil was the voice of Darth Maul in Episode 1...

Correct...Peter Serafinowicz

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/peter-serafinowiczs-mark-hamill-tweet-7041032

"Liverpool actor and comedian Peter Serafinowicz set the internet buzzing this weekend when he tweeted a photo with Star Wars great Mark Hamill.

The photo showed the two of them in London, where Hamill is rumoured to have started work on the new Star Wars film along with Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford.

Serafinowicz added fuel to that fire, with his tweet saying: "I wonder why he's here."

He later added: "Still can't quite believe I met Mark Hamill yesterday."

Serafinowicz has also played a role in the Star Wars universe, voicing Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace.

Disney has already confirmed that filming for the new movie has started in Abu Dhabi, with the film's second unit at work in the desert."

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Didn't he get cut in half and fall into a pit? I haven't watched the movies in a while so I may be thinking of someone else.

Yes Obi-Wan cut Maul in half and he fell down the pit, but his death was assumed (for good reason I admit lol). Around season 4(?) of the Clone Wars cartoons, Maul was discovered by his brother Savage Opress. Maul lived through the incident in a self-exile... basically living in an underground hole with spiders and critters obsessing about the day he would get revenge on Obi-Wan Kenobi. Maul had manged to build himself some makeshift biomechanical legs, I think there were 6 or 8 legs actually. It was pretty wild, and needless to say he was in very bad shape mentally. Once Savage Opress brought Maul out of exile, Maul was refitted with a proper pair of biomechanical legs. Maul then taught his brother many of the Sith ways (master and apprentice), and they went out to raise hell throughout the galaxy and eventually get revenge on Kenobi. Darth Sidious found out about the 2 brothers, killed Savage Opress, and Maul (if I remember correctly) re-pledged himself to Sidious and the Sith. But this event with Sidious was the season 5 finale. Shortly after that, the Disney deal was struck and Clone Wars was never again to appear on Cartoon Network. Lucasfilm released unaired Season 6 episodes to Netflix, but this event was never further addressed. It's just been left in limbo.

The Clone Wars cartoons took place between Episodes II and III, and I believe this particular chain of events was about 10 years after Maul's battle with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in Episode I. It's debatable if the Clone Wars cartoons are considered to be "official timeline" fodder by Lucas, or if it's just kind of a separate timeline like the EU books. I like to think that it fits so perfectly within the official Lucas movies that it is considered storyline material. I didn't like how they left the Maul story unaddressed, but if indeed Maul is to come back that would explain things. Sidious always liked to have an Ace in the hole, so he MAY have theoretically been able to keep him a secret even from Vader all through those years. Wouldn't that be something if they kept the Maul/Clone Wars story in limbo intentionally, so that he could rise from the shadows again in Episode VII.

But again, this all depends on if you consider the Clone Wars cartoons as official storyline or not.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yea boi!

I need to do some research on lore, I wonder who the sith or bad guys will be

I suspect the Yuuzhan Vong...They are bad guys from the New Jedi Order books that take place 25-30 years after ROJ...or perhaps they will not follow the Star Wars book cannon at all, very real possibility.

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
As shitty as Episode I was, it had the best light saber fights of all 6 movies. I've always thought Darth Maul was a bad ass villain and his quick removal was disappointing to say the least. It would be awesome if they brought him back.

Users who are viewing this thread