Mark Dice demonstrating how stupid some people really are!

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I've seen him do this a few times before. Still blows my mind how many people have no idea what precious metals are worth.
willy_nilly.gif

U.M.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I’d tell him no, as well. Even with the shop ready to verify the coin’s worth. Anyone offering a lop-sided value trade like that is automatically regarded with suspicion of running some sort of scam. The shop could also be in on the scam. Pass!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
I don’t think they’re stupid, just uneducated on the value of such a coin.

Is it actually worth $1800 in respect to its gold content or as a Canadian currency?

Besides, what does one value more, delicious ice cream in your hand or a coin from some random guy on the street?

…Just my $0.02

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
I’d tell him no, as well. Even with the shop ready to verify the coin’s worth. Anyone offering a lop-sided value trade like that is automatically regarded with suspicion of running some sort of scam. The shop could also be in on the scam. Pass!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
For a half eaten ice cream? Id think I would take the "risk" lol. Also if its real gold the shop would trade you for USD on the spot.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think many people respond with varying degrees of skepticism when someone offers a trade that seems too good to be true. Even when offered a chance to verify its value, they might remain skeptical or cautious. Can't blame them in a way. There are so many scams going on all around us every day. The trust level is low. The caution level is high.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
IMO, I tend to lean on the side of, these people are ignorant as ****. He has done many videos asking random people easy questions, and they just stare at him, with a stupid look on their faces. None of them said, well, lets go to a different jewelry shop, and see if it's real. Call his bluff. The general public is ****ing stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread