Marine stopped from voting.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
1. I love the sensationalized title, like he showed up, announced he was a Marine and they said he couldn't vote there.

2. People like this fool are hurting the cause of gun owners everywhere by acting like complete clowns.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Next time just shoot everyone and vote. Protect your right to vote by using your right to kill people who don;t like your right to bear arms.

olefafl

Established Member
Would you like this better?
Poll workers & Police break law.
Police hold man 1.5 hours to try to find a law to charge him with, when he was not breaking any.

The man broke no laws, he always carrys. How can you try to cause trouble by not breaking laws?

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
1. I love the sensationalized title, like he showed up, announced he was a Marine and they said he couldn't vote there.

2. People like this fool are hurting the cause of gun owners everywhere by acting like complete clowns.

Agreed 100%.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Police hold man 1.5 hours to try to find a law to charge him with, when he was not breaking any.

The man broke no laws, he always carrys. How can you try to cause trouble by not breaking laws?

In some open carry states people can call the police on you by feeling threatened. That has a wide and open ended set of perceptions. Anything from a hyper anti-gun liberal calling to people calling from the gas station watching you fill up with you 45 on your hip.

olefafl

Established Member
In some open carry states people can call the police on you by feeling threatened. That has a wide and open ended set of perceptions. Anything from a hyper anti-gun liberal calling to people calling from the gas station watching you fill up with you 45 on your hip.

Thats fine with me. We have case law that after we show our pink paper (yes, its pink) gun talk stops. Unless you are at a school, school bus, jail or if the local court said no guns here or something less is up.

He was at a fire station, no laws broken by him.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member

no, people like this are getting the fact out, that guns are tools and don't be afraid of them.. be afraid of the criminals that have them illegally and use them.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
no, people like this are getting the fact out, that guns are tools and don't be afraid of them.. be afraid of the criminals that have them illegally and use them.

How many people at that polling station do you think were left with this impression? All they saw was some nut job who needed a side arm to vote for some reason.

I own guns, I live in Illinois, I probably don't need to tell you about how bad the laws are here. I can't step foot off my property with my guns in the open, let alone wear them around.

All this guy did was create a scene, with police involvement, involving a firearm, TWICE. He's the tool, not his gun.

crew_dawg16

Established Member

Please point to the laws that were broken by the "poll workers & police", I'll wait. :bored:

The fact of the matter is that the story is drummed up to be an attack on a Marine trying to vote, when it is in fact his actions that were causal for his denial. He was given the opportunity to place his weapon in the vehicle just outside and return to vote, but no, he had to make a complete fool of himself.

olefafl

Established Member
Please point to the laws that were broken by the "poll workers & police", I'll wait. :bored:

The fact of the matter is that the story is drummed up to be an attack on a Marine trying to vote, when it is in fact his actions that were causal for his denial. He was given the opportunity to place his weapon in the vehicle just outside and return to vote, but no, he had to make a complete fool of himself.

You will have to hold on till I get home. His "actions" did not break any laws.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
How many people at that polling station do you think were left with this impression? All they saw was some nut job who needed a side arm to vote for some reason.

This is kind of thinking is the exact reason he was there with his gun. To make a point and get the message out to people that think like this.

From the article:
“That’s when my police instincts kicked in and my goal was to get him away from the public, get him out of the building,” assistant chief Tony Vanoverberghe said.

OMG!! A GUN!! Better kick-in my po-leece instincts!!! :dw:
Please...

The problem with society today is that over the years, liberals have brainwashed everyone to think that a person with a gun = instant criminal.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

I was just reading Washington's open carry laws yesterday. There is a level of openness to it that someone could claim you were posing a threat but what the law states is that unless what you are doing is specifically illegal then you are safe to assume what you're doing is legal which includes carrying in public places and many government facilities. You would think that people could call the cops on you but if you're gun is just on your hip, even loaded then you are not doing anything illegal, you can't be charged. This sounds like exactly what this Marine went through. People need to lighten up when it comes to open carry.

only a gt

Established Member

Why should he be forced to do this? Since when is exercising your constitutional rights making a fool of yourself?

tistan

Established Member
this is kind of thinking is the exact reason he was there with his gun. To make a point and get the message out to people that think like this.

From the article:

Omg!! A gun!! Better kick-in my po-leece instincts!!! :dw:
Please...

The problem with society today is that over the years, liberals have brainwashed everyone to think that a person with a gun = instant criminal.

+1

olefafl

Established Member
Here are some. This is only the local stuff, not sure if Fed stuff would come into play.
C 3-14-3-21.5
Voter intimidation
Sec. 21.5. A person who knowingly or intentionally intimidates, threatens, or coerces an individual for:
(1) voting or attempting to vote;
(2) urging or aiding another individual to vote or attempt to vote; or
(3) exercising any power or duty under this title concerning registration or voting;
commits voter intimidation, a Class D felony.
As added by P.L.103-2005, SEC.40.
IC 3-14-3-9
Failure to receive vote of legal voter
Sec. 9. A person who knowingly fails to receive the vote of a legal voter at an election commits a Class D felony

Not sure if he was under arrest when they were looking up what they could charge him with, if he was than add this.
IC 3-5-4-4
Immunity from arrest while at or going to and from polls
Sec. 4. A voter is not subject to arrest while going to the polls, while in attendance there, and while returning from the polls. However, this section does not apply in a case of:
(1) treason;
(2) felony; or
(3) breach of the peace.
As added by P.L.5-1986, SEC.1.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Look, the law states we have a right to bear arms and in some instances we have a right to conceal carry. Just because you can doesn't always mean you should, it's called common sense. I own guns, I love guns, however, I feel there is no need for me to take them to the Acme with me while I shop for eggs and milk. This dude might have had the right to carry but bringing his weapon into a public polling place does not make good sense. I would have chosen common sense and left the weapon at home. I guess it's possible this guy has a conceal carry because his life is threatened on a daily basis or he carries large sums of cash or he lives in a crime infested neighborhood, we don't know. I doubt any of the mentioned herein applies regardless, I suspect he was making a political I dare you statement and wanted to see if anyone would raise a stink about his right to carry. Once again, I would have chosen the discreet entry, vote for my candidate, and exit the building all the while unarmed.

Last edited:

olefafl

Established Member
One of the reasons I started carrying was because my wife and I stopped someone from "helping his GF out of the car" by pushing her neck into the seat, at our local Meijer.

You never know when you will need it. Don't forget the man who stabbed 2 people at the store in Salt Lake about 2 Weeks ago. It was someone carrying that stopped him.

Users who are viewing this thread