Marauder vs C6 Z06

carfixer

Established Member
Decided to go to the drags in Immokalee for a few 1/8th mile passes.

I get in line and, as usual, they run all the lanes except mine! I am sitting next to a 2007, yellow Z06 Corvette. During the 30 minute wait, I went and talked to the guy in the Vette. Nice guy. Not arrogant, just a nice guy. Says he recently bought the car new and had it to the track a few times. Didn't ask him what it runs, figured I would see it on the slip. Gotta think 7.x seconds anyway. I gave him kudos for using the car for its intended purpose. Also told him how jealous I was.

I pointed to my car next to his and said "it looks like you and I when they finally let our lanes go". He looked over at my car and gestured as if to say "nice car". I get back into my car just as we are motioned to the burnout box. I did a rather smokey burnout and line up with his beautiful car. I had my video camera on the mount and remembered at the last second to turn it on and point it to my right so I could see the vette in the video. I figured I didn't have to point it too far to the right since I would be seeing his tail lights in front of me the whole race.

I saw his tail lights alright....

After the race was over and he went by me.

Video

I love this car!

Glenn Ford

Atlanta Trilogy #1
Established Member
Great Run!!

Nothing like beating a Corvette. The owners are usually very embarrassed and constantly ribbed by their friends especially the owner of a Z06. It is the ultimate humiliation for a Vet owner to be beaten by a 4 door sedan family type car. I have beaten a few Vets and the owners reactions are all the same - total disbelief.

Glenn :burnout:

96 chris

Established Member
That whine...

The power steering pulley must be a slipping a little...or something...

:coolman:

QWKRN U

1 0f 72 Build #159
Established Member
was this bracket style? I didnt notice a green light on his side. Props either way. I just ran one from a dig the other day and beat him with my stock Cobra until 135 mph at that point he went by like I was sitting still. drag radials ftw lol.

carfixer

Established Member
It was a test and tune nite.
There is a divider between the different sides of the tree so you can't see the other guy's lite.
I cut a .5322 and he cut a .6241 on a .400 tree.
60 FT: I had a 2.01 and had a 2.29.
I had an 8.41 @83.47, he had a 8.78 @85.52
The margin of victory was .4605 seconds if you add the ET diff with the reaction time diff. That's a lot of car lengths.

I've had 1.75 60ft times at that track with a couple of 7.9's and consistent 8.0's. The next pass was in the other lane and I ran 8.22 with a slightly better 60ft time. They act as if VHT is a million dollars a gallon! They spray the track at the beginning of the night and that's it.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
He must be still learning his car... I have run with them at Open track events. I got a point by from only one.... ever! He had paper tags and was being very careful with his car.

C6 ZO6 is a killer car... glad you got to talk with one of the down to earth owners. I think most are regular car guys who can dig a cool car when they see one... obviously he could.

Just for reference they are typically a mid to low 11 second 1/4 mile car with a good driver and stock tires.

BTW.......... I LOVE MAURADERS!!!:rockon:

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member

I get in line and, as usual, they run all the lanes except mine! I am sitting next to a 2007, yellow Z06 Corvette. During the 30 minute wait, I went and talked to the guy in the Vette. Nice guy. Not arrogant, just a nice guy. Says he recently bought the car new and had it to the track a few times. Didn't ask him what it runs, figured I would see it on the slip. Gotta think 7.x seconds anyway. I gave him kudos for using the car for its intended purpose. Also told him how jealous I was.

I pointed to my car next to his and said "it looks like you and I when they finally let our lanes go". He looked over at my car and gestured as if to say "nice car". I get back into my car just as we are motioned to the burnout box. I did a rather smokey burnout and line up with his beautiful car. I had my video camera on the mount and remembered at the last second to turn it on and point it to my right so I could see the vette in the video. I figured I didn't have to point it too far to the right since I would be seeing his tail lights in front of me the whole race.

Video

I love this car!

Im from ft.myers and never made it that track is it good..i always went to desoto memorial:thumbsup:

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
Nice kill! I can't wait until the Spring and I post a story like that.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member

Video

I love this car!

Don't show that vid to Common, he'll most likely have a heart attack.. Lol.
Jeff

DaJoker

Never Serious...Seriously
Established Member
Awesome kill!! Nuttin like sticking it to a new Z06. Sure he had NO idea what hit him.:burnout:

Last edited:

JWMclane3

Tutored by an '03 Cobra
Established Member
Good to see how there is much more to carfixer than his much-loved alignment spec's...

Imagine the rig with a tune and the nice, tight shifts that come along with it?!

Jonathan

Users who are viewing this thread