Marauder owners step in

327blwn

Established Member
Why did you change the tensioner? Did the belt chirp when it shifted at high rpm? Mine does.. even with a new belt. Maybe I need a tensioner.

the tensioner was bouncing around and causing the pulley to rub against the timing cover cutting into it....tensioner runs steady now and is quiet.

Bigdough666

Established Member
the tensioner was bouncing around and causing the pulley to rub against the timing cover cutting into it....tensioner runs steady now and is quiet.

Had the same problem with mine. Thats about it.

Ive got 85K on mine, and it still runs like a champ. For right now its still my DD, but she will go into hiding pretty soon. Love this car, I get nothing but compliments about it.

Another issue that no one has mentioned yet is the rear end. Ive heard that the early 03's have a tendancy to chew up axles. Word is that Ford got a "soft" batch of axles and they were stuck in the early Marauders. Not too hard of a fix, Ford even makes a kit for it. If its still under warrenty like mine is, Ford will cover it. Most people end up throwing some 4.10s and a Trac-Loc in while opening it up and that adds up. I hear faint sounds from my rear axles, but nothing crazy yet. I planned to put gears in anyway so I'll just upgrade when Im in there.

ReefBlueCoupe

Established Member
At 144k my diff is still in surprisingly good shape. Part of that is because the first 90k miles were interstate by the original owner. It might open up 10% of the time, but for a factory diff that is probably well within tolerances :lol:

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Had the same problem with mine. Thats about it.

Ive got 85K on mine, and it still runs like a champ. For right now its still my DD, but she will go into hiding pretty soon. Love this car, I get nothing but compliments about it.

Another issue that no one has mentioned yet is the rear end. Ive heard that the early 03's have a tendancy to chew up axles. Word is that Ford got a "soft" batch of axles and they were stuck in the early Marauders. Not too hard of a fix, Ford even makes a kit for it. If its still under warrenty like mine is, Ford will cover it. Most people end up throwing some 4.10s and a Trac-Loc in while opening it up and that adds up. I hear faint sounds from my rear axles, but nothing crazy yet. I planned to put gears in anyway so I'll just upgrade when Im in there.

Yep, ford had a manufacturing issue and the early 03 A axles were to soft, and they wore out very fast for some, slower for others. That, and the paint was crap.

SNOOKEY

snookey.I have a 04mm silver birch with silver interior.I store my mm in the winter months. The mm has 27000 miles on it. Question I have is when storing the mm for the winter months do you fill the gas tnank full. Today i took the mm for a ride and it died on the road. Had it towed to a ford dealer., they said it was the ''fuel pump'' I can't belive the fuel pump would go only after 27000 miles any body have this problem.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your problem, hopefully its not the fuel pump, but stranger things have happened. For the winter, I fill my cars up with super, put in some Sta-Bil, and one bottle of dry gas.. Never had a problem starting any of them right up in the spring ..

Also might want to check out MercuryMarauder.net , tons of info over there !!!!

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
Be VERY careful when buying an 03 300a. I had to sell mine because the paint was literally falling off it. I had the hood/roof/trunk, done under warranty (yes it fell off at 30k miles) and then the rest started falling off at around 70k. So bad one of the doors started to get rust.

Got my Silver one and LOVE IT!

Users who are viewing this thread