marauder/lightning

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
No.

A marauder with a Trilogy S/C is all a Marauder needs to run with Lightnings

Bracketbomber

Established Member
With nothing more than a trilogy supercharger, the marauder, without drag radials, which means, the goodrich tires that the car came with will not beat a Lightning. c'mon now the question was, stock for stock, and we all know that a stock Lightning will take the lunch money away from a stock marauder.

Last edited:

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Bracketbomber said:
With nothing more than a trilogy supercharger, the marauder, without drag radials, which means, the goodrich tires that the car came with will not beat a Lightning. c'mon now the question was, stock for stock, and we all know that a stock Lightning will take the lunch money awaw from a stock marauder.

The question was answered with the first word in my reply. Go back and read it.

See? It was "No".

Last time I checked, stock L's were running mid to low 13's. Am I wrong? I could be since I do not follow L's closely. Several stock Marauders with stock Trilogy S/C (meaning original 3.4 pully) and OEM tires are mid to low 13s. Our very own "Tallboy" has a best run of 12.9.

WTF is "take the lunch money away"? Dont you mean kick its ass or something.. Geez, losing a race is bad enough, now you going to make him go hungy too?

Bracketbomber

Established Member
Geez Defyant, you make me feel like ebeneezer scrooge, what with, taking his food away. And you are correct about your answer, I did not notice the no, but, after being at Milan last thursday, the only supercharged marauder that WAS running drag radials, went a best of 13.22, and it was a trilogy blower. But remember, the next time you come up to Milan, just remember the black lightning that spanked the srt10 was me. Have a nice day bud.

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
DEFYANT said:
The question was answered with the first word in my reply. Go back and read it.

See? It was "No".

Last time I checked, stock L's were running mid to low 13's. Am I wrong? I could be since I do not follow L's closely. Several stock Marauders with stock Trilogy S/C (meaning original 3.4 pully) and OEM tires are mid to low 13s. Our very own "Tallboy" has a best run of 12.9.

WTF is "take the lunch money away"? Dont you mean kick its ass or something.. Geez, losing a race is bad enough, now you going to make him go hungy too?
has anybody found the right gear combo for the rear that fit the marauder well for track and street use like 3.73 or 4.10's..:idea:

STLR FN

My Wiener's Covered
Established Member
svt cobra brett said:
has anybody found the right gear combo for the rear that fit the marauder well for track and street use like 3.73 or 4.10's..:idea:
A lot of people are running 4.10's, only one that I know of is using a 3.73(MI2QWK4U). One person is even running 4.56's. Some run 4.10's and a 3000 stahl converter. Go over to MM.net and search about 4.10's. Guess most of it is going to depend on what YOUR particular application is asking for.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
Bracketbomber said:
With nothing more than a trilogy supercharger, the marauder, without drag radials, which means, the goodrich tires that the car came with will not beat a Lightning. c'mon now the question was, stock for stock, and we all know that a stock Lightning will take the lunch money away from a stock marauder.

My Trilogy Marauder [no other performance mods but a K&N] will run 12.9 on OEM tires here in the South Florida heat. Don't make me come up there, Tom. We Polacks need to stick together!!! :D

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
STLR FN said:
A lot of people are running 4.10's, only one that I know of is using a 3.73(MI2QWK4U). One person is even running 4.56's. Some run 4.10's and a 3000 stahl converter. Go over to MM.net and search about 4.10's. Guess most of it is going to depend on what YOUR particular application is asking for.
well it looks like 3.73's is what i would need being that i travel to and from texas to florida..what is the stock gear?

rich_long

O's Fan Rich
Established Member
Of course it would not.
But you cannot carry 4 full size adults and their luggage across country in a Lightning, nor can you haul your firewood home in a Marauder.

Me, I have more than one friend, therefore the Marauder works for me. That's also why I don't have a Corvette.
Your vehicle needs to fit your situation... then build from there.
Enjoy what you got, for tomorrow you may die.

Bracketbomber

Established Member
tallboy said:
My Trilogy Marauder [no other performance mods but a K&N] will run 12.9 on OEM tires here in the South Florida heat. Don't make me come up there, Tom. We Polacks need to stick together!!! :D
Tallboy, come on up. my lightning on factory tires has gone 12.75, it would be a hell of a run. by the way, you are right about us europeans needing to stick together.:beer:

94_302

Established Member
Bracketbomber said:
Tallboy, come on up. my lightning on factory tires has gone 12.75, it would be a hell of a run. by the way, you are right about us europeans needing to stick together.:beer:

But is your L bone stock? Last I recall the fastest bone stock gen 2 was in texas and it had run a 13.01 I believe. What year is yours? If you took a stock L vs a Marauder with a blower upgrade only, I believe it would be a close race.

Bracketbomber

Established Member
lightning/marauder

the trouble with that is the fact that you cannot just put the blower on the car without a total re-tune of the processor, so, all things being fair, the lightning should be allowed a tune-up also. in which case the lightning would still be faster. remember, the lightning was tuned with emissions and mileage in mind and the blown marauder would be tuned with maximum output in mind.also keep in mind the weight difference. probably 750 lbs or more in the truck. and if you want to get picky, the lightning's aero is roughly equal to pushing a brick through the wind.

94_302

Established Member
I get it you like your L, but you didnt answer my question is yours stock when it ran that time? What year is it? In the hypothetical situation you bolt a blower kit up to a Marauder and no other mod, the tune is part of the kit. It will run with a stock L. Why does that bother you so much? I say that because bringing up weight and aero is stupid. You know a stock Srt-4 could run with a stock 99-00 L right? Or do we need to add a few plates of cement? Stock vs Stock yes the L is faster no doubt. But in the given situation they are pretty even. Oh and don't get on the whole fair thing, a comparison truly loses all fairness when one is modified.

Last edited:

bigslim

Established Member
Bracketbomber said:
Geez Defyant, you make me feel like ebeneezer scrooge, what with, taking his food away. And you are correct about your answer, I did not notice the no, but, after being at Milan last thursday, the only supercharged marauder that WAS running drag radials, went a best of 13.22, and it was a trilogy blower. But remember, the next time you come up to Milan, just remember the black lightning that spanked the srt10 was me. Have a nice day bud.
Has your Lightning ever beat a Ford GT? We have several members that have beaten the almighty Ford GT with their Marauders.

BTW, I have beaten the SRT-10 with my car. I'm just running stock boost and a 410 and an air intake.

Users who are viewing this thread