Manufacturer 84 at 0%

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Expand further on the 'vanity' thing.

If you like the sled, buy it.

Used car prices have exploded. Take advantage of it if you can.
No, love the Challenger. It gets endless attention everywhere and is a blast to drive. But the Tundra is the logical decision both short and long term. Need a truck, I have two other project/sports cars.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Chinese EV stocks gain as Tesla halo spreads
Aug. 26, 2020 10:42 AM ET|About: Xpeng, Inc. (XPEV)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

The Chinese EV auto sector is buzzing with activity today.

Xpeng Motors (XPEV) plans to issue 85M ADSs at $15 per share to value the company at about $11B, sources tell Bloomberg. That mark is above the original expected pricing range was $11 to $13.

It is a very strong session for Chinese EV automakers in general, with Nio (NIO +7.4%), Li Auto (LI +7.1%) and Kandi Technologies (KNDI +7.6%) all posting gains. The biggest development of the day may have been Volkswagen's decision to use EV hotspot Hefei as a testing ground for a self-driving fleet. There is also the Tesla (TSLA +4.5%) halo to factor in.

What to watch: China automobiles sales for July will be reported next week in what will be an indicator on if consumer demand for EVs is increasing.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Sighhhhhhh

So I can trade my Challenger in for $44k and get a Tundra SR5 TRD Off Road Crew Max for $46k OTD at 2.49%

Ughhhh, almost pulled the trigger but my vanity is stopping me. Everyone absolutely loves the F8 Green. Hell had a dozen people at the dealer ship look at it and comment and one of the salsa guys even said he was texting his buddy who was interested in it.

Glad you choose to keep it.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Tesla catches new Street-high price target from Jefferies
Aug. 26, 2020 8:49 AM ET|About: Tesla, Inc. (TSLA)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

Jefferies slips in this morning with a price target boost on Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) to $2,500 from $1,200.

"Tesla's competitive edge in cars may soon start to shrink but continues to widen in multiple other dimensions, from brand leverage and software to battery capacity and industrial efficiency. In our view, nothing matters more on 'Battery Day' than understanding how the 'Million-mile' batteries could profoundly change the auto business model."

The PT boost is notable because it is a new Street high, but we are marking that with a digital pencil the way analysts are adjusting on the fly.

VenomVeins

Established Member
No, love the Challenger. It gets endless attention everywhere and is a blast to drive. But the Tundra is the logical decision both short and long term. Need a truck, I have two other project/sports cars.
Gotcha.

Having a truck or something similar that can haul shit is a must. Does it have to be new? First gen Tundras are absolutely bulletproof and pretty damn cheap.

Keep the Charger, add a beater Tundra/Truck to the mix.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Gotcha.

Having a truck or something similar that can haul shit is a must. Does it have to be new? First gen Tundras are absolutely bulletproof and pretty damn cheap.

Keep the Charger, add a beater Tundra/Truck to the mix.
First Gens are just gawd awful looking and still fetch $8-12k.

But as ME32 hit on, used market is just stupid right now.

99-06 Chevy's with 200k miles are $10-14k. Junked out OBS trucks for $6k. 2008 Tundra with 230k for $14k, etc.

Anything that seams reasonable is either 2WD, has no A/C or is salvage titled.

VenomVeins

Established Member
First Gens are just gawd awful looking and still fetch $8-12k.

But as ME32 hit on, used market is just stupid right now.

99-06 Chevy's with 200k miles are $10-14k. Junked out OBS trucks for $6k. 2008 Tundra with 230k for $14k, etc.

Anything that seams reasonable is either 2WD, has no A/C or is salvage titled.
Just checked the local autotrader/offerup/CL and yep, you’re right.

How bad do you need a truck right now? If the answer is anything other than ‘badly’, then forget it and save your coin.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Schneider to test electric trucks as part of industry initiative
Aug. 26, 2020 12:45 PM ET|About: Schneider National, Inc. (SNDR)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

Schneider National (SNDR +0.6%) says it was selected to participate in the all-electric Freightliner Customer Experience Fleet.

The CX Fleet is a part of Daimler Trucks North America's (OTCPK:DDAIF) ongoing initiative that engages customers in the commercial electric vehicle development process by deploying trucks in real-world applications. For its part, Schneider will test the eCascadia Class 8 tractor to detect and address potential challenges to widespread use of commercial battery electric vehicles. Schneider will monitor the following processes and characteristics to help provide actionable feedback

Scheider execs say joining the Freightliner CX Fleet is a great opportunity to help lead the industry in transitioning to more sustainable transportation options.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Sighhhhhhh

So I can trade my Challenger in for $44k and get a Tundra SR5 TRD Off Road Crew Max for $46k OTD at 2.49%

Ughhhh, almost pulled the trigger but my vanity is stopping me. Everyone absolutely loves the F8 Green. Hell had a dozen people at the dealer ship look at it and comment and one of the salsa guys even said he was texting his buddy who was interested in it.

emoji19.png
emoji19.png
emoji19.png

Throw TRD take off parts on it and dirty deeds exhaust.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
California approves $437M funding for EV charging infrastructure
Aug. 28, 2020 12:58 PM ET|About: Edison International (EIX)|By: Carl Surran, SA News Editor

The California Public Utilities Commission yesterday approved a $437M program for Southern California Edison (EIX +0.3%) to install nearly 40K electric vehicle chargers, which it calls the largest-ever U.S. utility program to expand charging infrastructure.

The CPUC says the program will help the state achieve its goal of 5M zero-emission vehicles on the road by 2030.

Half of the investment must take place in low-income communities, and 30% will be dedicated to multi-family residences.

Electric vehicle sales comprised only ~2% of the total automobile sales in the U.S. last year, but charging infrastructure is considered essential for widespread EV adoption.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Aug. 28, 2020 12:58 PM ET|About: Edison International (EIX)|By: Carl Surran, SA News Editor

The California Public Utilities Commission yesterday approved a $437M program for Southern California Edison (EIX +0.3%) to install nearly 40K electric vehicle chargers, which it calls the largest-ever U.S. utility program to expand charging infrastructure.

The CPUC says the program will help the state achieve its goal of 5M zero-emission vehicles on the road by 2030.

Half of the investment must take place in low-income communities, and 30% will be dedicated to multi-family residences.

Electric vehicle sales comprised only ~2% of the total automobile sales in the U.S. last year, but charging infrastructure is considered essential for widespread EV adoption.

anyone wanna take bets on them doing the math as to if their electric grid can even support that many chargers running?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

With what money currently?

Users who are viewing this thread