Manual Terminators: Best 60 FT times and ET's?

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
I'm mainly looking for the best 6 speed twin screw 60 foot times ( and ET's) but Eaton, eaton/spray guys chime in too! (please include as much info as possible on your combo)

I know theres many different threads with bests of this and bests of that. I'm just trying to get some data together and see if I can put any of it towards getting more out of my 60 fts (and helping others) .

Ive been browsing the timeslip area and so far the best that Ive found in a short search was rtusnake Who has gone 1.35 60ft and Went 9.57@143 with a stock longblock, whipple 3.4, t56, 3.90 gears on 28" tires.

My best so far was a 1.43 60 ft with a 9.93 @ 142. That was on 26" slicks with 3.55's. Next week I'm swapping to 28x10.50 slicks and either 3.73's or 3.90's in search of that 1.3x 60 ft time. :rockon:
I'm still on a syncro'd T56 for now. Plans call for a faceplated gearset next!

I'd like to see how close I can get to the quickest manual twin screw or eaton spray cars performance.

I'll keep adding to this as I find more info.
So far:
SprayedDaily: 1.34
rtusnake: 1.35
iBiTe03: 1.35
CobraStruck: 1.38
Antex: 1.38
mpe331lx: 1.38 (04 swapped 96)
Hissssnsvt:1.39
Speed Demon: 1.44
Rice Eatr: 1.47
superman: 1.49

Last edited:

rtusnake

Established Member
I was going to post mine but you already have it lol. Alot of the racers at the track was helping me get my car closer to getting dialed in by telling me what the car was doing on the launch. I was getting it close before the motor let go

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
You should talk to Speed Demon. He cut a 1.44 60' with an Eaton, lightning upper, and 4# lower (460rwhp). Now that's a properly setup car. I believe he was running 4.10s and 28x10.5 ET Drag.

Last edited:

CobraStruck

Fastest Eaton/6-Speed/IRS
Established Member
When I was an Eaton/Spray car on IRS I cut a 1.38 60' at my local 1/8th mile track. I would like to think the rear was set up properly but the front suspension was mostly stock with only strange adjustable struts.

superman

Established Member
Best so far is 1.49. SRA with 3.55 gears 26 x 10 x 15 slicks 50/50 rears shocks with stock rear springs 90/10 front struts with stock springs. Stock motor with 2.3 Whipple 18 lbs boost pump gas. 1/4 mile 10.20 137 mph. I still need some more suspension work. I can only leave about 3,500 rpm's. Spinning through 1st and a little in 2nd. Any suggestions.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Know there's a few folks that have hit 1.3's with an SRA. But only 3 guys have hit 1.3's with a 6 speed and IRS that I know of. Cobrastruck discribed his experience above. Antex also hit a 1.38 (see vid below), and Hissssnsvt hit 1.39 on three seperate occasions. I raced with the last two guys on several occasions and their approach was 1) removal of weight off the front end to assist with weight transfer (tubular K's, battery in trunk or downsized, sway bar removal, skinnies, etc....), 2) Proper setting of adjustable struts/shocks (QA1's in the rear, Strange Eng in the front), and 3) Slicks with correct air pressure. They were both running 28' tall slicks.

The weight of the IRS really helps alot with weight transfer. One thing that has helped the SRA guys is removal of the engine bay intercooler reservoir and putting a tank in the trunk. This gets the weight off the front end and puts it over the rear tires. Removal of the heat exchanger for track use will take 12.4 lbs off the extreme front end as well and the HE's don't really do much at the strip anyway.

I saw SprayedDaily hit a 1.38 with his Eaton/nitrous setup, but he was running a Solid rear. His video is below as well.

Antex's 1.38 60' Launch:
[ame="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v354/antex/?action=view&current=Antex-Launch.flv"]Launch 1.38 60ft video by antex - Photobucket[/ame]

Sprayed Daily's 10.31 @ 135.89 @ MIR- 1.38 60'
[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/04-Eaton-Cobra-goes-1031_96804.htm"]04 Eaton Cobra goes 10.31 @ 135- Video[/ame]

Last edited:

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
the 1.38 was on the eaton and i actually went a 1.35 on spray but aborted the run

When I was an Eaton/Spray car on IRS I cut a 1.38 60' at my local 1/8th mile track. I would like to think the rear was set up properly but the front suspension was mostly stock with only strange adjustable struts.

I was going to post mine but you already have it lol. Alot of the racers at the track was helping me get my car closer to getting dialed in by telling me what the car was doing on the launch. I was getting it close before the motor let go

What RPM are you guys dropping the hammer at? Ive gotten my best at 6K With 11-12 psi in the 26" slicks. Are you running close to the same pressure in the 28"s?

What about gears with 28"s? I know Rtusnake had 3.90's.

I have a set of 3.73's that will go in if the 3.90's dont get here in time.

Great info Dwight :beer:

Both my 03 and my 96 are set up with a SRA. But the 96 is the one that I'm trying to get dialed in (at this time;-))

I think the biggest thing that was holding me back is the 26" slicks. The 9.93 w/ 1.43 60 was on them, but that was the when they were litterlally brand new. I hit the 9 on the third pass on them the first day out (went 10.19, 10.01, then the 9.93). After that event I drove them on the street for a little "fun". I'm pretty sure that ruined them. They got all chunky and I was barely able to hit 1.5's after that. I think after a few track events without running them on the street has gotten them smoothed out again, but I'm ready to move on to a 28.

A set of new 28x10.5 stiff sidewall ET drags should be here in a couple days.
Along with some iteems to aid in removing more weight off the front end. I'll be installing a Flaming River manual rack kit and an Aerospace manual master cyl conversion. Those parts along with an EWP, will allow me to lose all the accessories and the inner belt. I'll be pulling the dash to remove the A/C Box and anything else un needed. The battery is already in the back, abd I'm planning on a large intercooler resrvoir/ice box in the rear along with bypassing the H/E at the track.

Here's my current suspension set up:
Front:
QA1 K w/ spring perches
fox a arms
moroso drag springs
Strange adj struts
No swaybar

Rear:
UPR pro series adj uppers, lowes, sperical housing bushings
Baseline suspension weld in ARB
Strange adj shocks
Welded torque box's
Eibach sportline springs (I'm going to experiment with cut stockers soon)

I recently swapped in a set of stock sn95 rear springs, re set my pinion ange to -.5. It raised the rear so high it looked retarded. Its always had traction problems on the street, but it got MUCH worse with the stock springs. I think it thew the cars IC way off. I switched back to the sportlines for now and re set my pinion angle. I need to find the sweet spot between the sportlines and the stock height springs.

UGH! I have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time........The next event in next saturday (4-10). I'll probably get the rack on wednesday and the master cyl thursday. I can see it now.......up until 4am friday night finishing it up:cryying:

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
What RPM are you guys dropping the hammer at? Ive gotten my best at 6K With 11-12 psi in the 26" slicks. Are you running close to the same pressure in the 28"s?

What about gears with 28"s? I know Rtusnake had 3.90's.

I have a set of 3.73's that will go in if the 3.90's dont get here in time.

Great info Dwight :beer:

Both my 03 and my 96 are set up with a SRA. But the 96 is the one that I'm trying to get dialed in (at this time;-))

I think the biggest thing that was holding me back is the 26" slicks. The 9.93 w/ 1.43 60 was on them, but that was the when they were litterlally brand new. I hit the 9 on the third pass on them the first day out (went 10.19, 10.01, then the 9.93). After that event I drove them on the street for a little "fun". I'm pretty sure that ruined them. They got all chunky and I was barely able to hit 1.5's after that. I think after a few track events without running them on the street has gotten them smoothed out again, but I'm ready to move on to a 28.

A set of new 28x10.5 stiff sidewall ET drags should be here in a couple days.
Along with some iteems to aid in removing more weight off the front end. I'll be installing a Flaming River manual rack kit and an Aerospace manual master cyl conversion. Those parts along with an EWP, will allow me to lose all the accessories and the inner belt. I'll be pulling the dash to remove the A/C Box and anything else un needed. The battery is already in the back, abd I'm planning on a large intercooler resrvoir/ice box in the rear along with bypassing the H/E at the track.

Here's my current suspension set up:
Front:
QA1 K w/ spring perches
fox a arms
moroso drag springs
Strange adj struts
No swaybar

Rear:
UPR pro series adj uppers, lowes, sperical housing bushings
Baseline suspension weld in ARB
Strange adj shocks
Welded torque box's
Eibach sportline springs (I'm going to experiment with cut stockers soon)

I recently swapped in a set of stock sn95 rear springs, re set my pinion ange to -.5. It raised the rear so high it looked retarded. Its always had traction problems on the street, but it got MUCH worse with the stock springs. I think it thew the cars IC way off. I switched back to the sportlines for now and re set my pinion angle. I need to find the sweet spot between the sportlines and the stock height springs.

UGH! I have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time........The next event in next saturday (4-10). I'll probably get the rack on wednesday and the master cyl thursday. I can see it now.......up until 4am friday night finishing it up:cryying:

cut the stockers. the higher the rear the longer the IC is. not sure what everyone else runs but Ive been told to run -1 to -2 pinion on an all spherical setup. I know Im an auto but suspension is suspension

and stiff sidewall slicks are your friend!!!

Last edited:

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
by best 60' was a 1.52 on a IRS w/ totally stock suspension, 3.55, t56, and kb. i was on my way to a mid 10 et but the car fell on its face half track because of electrical issues

rtusnake

Established Member
I usually leave between 5500 and 6000 with mine. The stiffwalls will help out for sure on a manual car. I was still running the regular slicks on mine. I have a 9" in my car and my ic was way off with the stock upper mounts on it. I cut them off and put heim joints on that end to bring the arms down. I run mach 1 springs on mine and it sits really low in the rear but maintains a good control arm angle. I run mine a -1 with solid bushings

my friend XFATJOE on here cut a 1.47 60' launching @ 4500 slipping the clutch on M/T drag radials on 3:73's whipple @ 22 psi IRS
on a ported eaton & on 17' hoosier Drag Radials he cut a 1.55 60' launching @ 5000 slipping the clutch out IRS
on my whipple i got a 1.57 60' on stock gears & 17' hoosier Drag Radials IRS

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
My best 60' with the eaton and a 28x10.5 w/stock 6 speed and 3.90 gear was a 1.42. I will hopefully have some in the 1.30's this season with the KB.

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
I remember when I raced sprayed daily years ago, he wasn't running 10s then :)

Users who are viewing this thread