Manifold Porting worth it?

OxfordCoyote

Established Member
And who does anyone know of a ocmpany or person that offers this service? Im located in Miami FL and willing to ship a spare manifold i have.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
OP - Contact Drew, 01bluesnake.

He is a guy local to me that does phenomenal work on porting stock, Boss and CJ manifolds for a fair price.

@01bluesnake

OxfordCoyote

Established Member
I ported it myself and no retune was done

I have a friend down here in Miami looking to port his manifold. Would you be willing to take on the job? Hes looking to pay for someone to do it for him. Manifold is off the car.

4VFTW

Established Member
I have a friend down here in Miami looking to port his manifold. Would you be willing to take on the job? Hes looking to pay for someone to do it for him. Manifold is off the car.

honestly i'm too busy to take the job, pm 01bluesnake... he is supposed to be very reasonable and easy to work with.

OxfordCoyote

Established Member
honestly i'm too busy to take the job, pm 01bluesnake... he is supposed to be very reasonable and easy to work with.

I did, i bought a white manifold that happened to be ported. and my buddy is buying my stock one. But ive pmd him.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
I've never run a non-ported one. It seems installing it as delivered would be less than optimal. I did my own but have done cyl head work and some 2 stroke jug porting so this was a breeze. I'm guessing 1/2 or better of the people that say they installed a boss I/m and the car "got slower" ran an unported one.

bunits19714

Established Member
How many hours would you say you had in it- I understand some people work faster than others was just looking for a general time frame- thanks-
I've never run a non-ported one. It seems installing it as delivered would be less than optimal. I did my own but have done cyl head work and some 2 stroke jug porting so this was a breeze. I'm guessing 1/2 or better of the people that say they installed a boss I/m and the car "got slower" ran an unported one.

4VFTW

Established Member
I did mine twice....taking it further the 2nd time. Id say I had around 9 hours total in it

Last edited:

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
I can take care of for him and shaun has seen my work and results. I also have trade outs for 11-14 and 15-16 and cobra jet so I can have a intake ready to ship right back 20150903_200200[1].jpg
you call or text (904)545-2341 ,Jason I'm in Jacksonville,fl

MKMotorsport

Established Member
How many hours would you say you had in it- I understand some people work faster than others was just looking for a general time frame- thanks-

I think it could be "cleaned up" in a couple-3 hours. That is not the level I did mine to but if you were going for just cleaned up/better than delivered that is all it would really take. It is just plastic after all. I probably have 15 hours in mine, different bits, different grits, working back in stages is time consuming. I also slightly altered the port shapes which took some extra time.

Users who are viewing this thread