Man W T F?????????

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
RANT ON:

Okay, I work at a car dealership in which I detail cars (summer job), and occasionally we must go to another town to pick up some vehicles from a sister dealer.

Well one of my co-workers goes to the other dealer and brings back.. an SVT Lightning!!!

He drove it up by detail and I was like.. "Wow, how does it drive?"

He says: "Man, this thing can move! (he proceeded to tell me a story)"

So he parks the vehicle and we talk more about what is in it. He then starts to downtalk the Lightning by saying such trash as:

"Any V8 with a supercharger can be that fast."
"Chevy's new SSR is really fast too! Did you know they are coming out with a 400 Horse engine that is more powerful?"

and last but NOT least, this was said several times:

"Its a Ford."

I held back my annoyances and my immense info. I know about the SSR compared to him along with information about the NEW SVT Lightning. I was quick to inform him Chevy's "Super truck" was nothing of the sort.

Either way, he kept pissing me off with the "Its a Ford." stuff.

Man what the hell is people's problems? I drive a Ford, and it runs fine. I joke on Mopar with the mechanics here are there, but when it comes to PVO, they make some fine machines (SRT series, HEMI, etc.).

I am so sick and F****** tired of brand biased BS. I hear the same stupid excuse for all GM vehicles at work everyday:

"It is a GM, it is better."
"Its a Chevy!"

blah blah blah.

Number 2:

Gas has dropped. QUIT BITCHING. We who drive V8s have NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN, I still hear it all the time. I drive a V8, and I put medium grade gas in the tank, but guess what? I don't complain because I got what is called a brain and I know V8s don't get 35++++++ MPG. And if gas is $2 or more, who cares? Europeans pay 2X as much, Russians more, be thankful you live in a country that is actually FAIR with the price.

Rant Off.

Oh by the way, I drove that same Lightning today. It is in fact supercharged, as I COULD NOT STOP flooring it everywhere to hear the blower whine!!! Incredible vehicle. I would really like to own a SVT someday. Who cares about gas when you got blower whine ??? :D

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by waytofastvette
The current SSR is a DOG However if they put a 400hp motor in there it would deffinatly give the lightning A run for its money

The 2005 Lightning will have 500 HP with bursts up to 550 due to new technology being put into it. Chevy will lose AGAIN in the muscle truck wars.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I've been noticing lately that GM has been late to the recent HP wars on every occasion, aside from the vette that is. It's pandemonium out there...

1. Cobra owners are modding like crazy
  2. Dodge keeps cranking out SRT-4's, SRT-10's, and SRT-10's
  3. The Lightning is still the only real beast in its class.
  4. Mitsubishi and Subaru are still trying to compete with mid 30K beasts while attempting to appeal to the 2F2F crowd.
  5. GM has nothing but the Vette, Vette, and Vette.

[/list=1]

:eek:

CrimsonCobra_01

Established Member
yeah, i agree with above. however they rely on the vette cause they sell so many of them that they will never go outta style. hate to say it but that is a great money maker they have there and im sure they dont care about lesser cars. i was told the camaro was supposed to come back but even slower than before. dunno just word on the street

2814v

Established Member
Even with the 400HP engine, I think the SS truck will have a hard time hanging with the current Lightning. That thing just look's huge, crewcab and everything.

As for the GTO, have they actually sold any of them. I have yet to see one on the street.

Last edited:

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by 2814v
Even with the 400HP engine, I think the SS truck will have a hard time hanging with the current Lightning. That thing just look's huge, crewcab and everything.

As for the GTO, have they actually sold any of them. I have yet to see one on the street.

I just have one question:

If Ford "sucks" so much, WHY are they EVERYWHERE?

The GTO is totally underpowered, they power to weight ratio of that car is hideous. It needs about 50 more horses to really make it shine I think...

The "SS Silverado" has a 6.0L Vortech that is used in the 2500 HD series. Motor Trend did a comparision of this vehicle vs. the Hemi RAM.

The Ram is 10 grand cheaper, and faster, and has a better interior (typical GM Fockup). Mopar's gem is that Hemi, and they use it well.

Gino

So Long!
Originally posted by Metalbassist03
and last but NOT least, this was said several times:

"Its a Ford."

I ****ing hate brand biased bitches! a ****ing neighbour of mine used to be like that... one day I flipped off on him with a bunch of stats defending Ford that ripped up his precious ****ing GM, and in the end slapped him in the face with -- "it's a human made machine, chances are its ****ed up before they even start builiding it in the factory"... that seemed to shut him the **** up... at least we didnt talk much after that, lol

:mj:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Originally posted by Metalbassist03
I just have one question:

If Ford "sucks" so much, WHY are they EVERYWHERE?

The GTO is totally underpowered, they power to weight ratio of that car is hideous. It needs about 50 more horses to really make it shine I think...

The "SS Silverado" has a 6.0L Vortech that is used in the 2500 HD series. Motor Trend did a comparision of this vehicle vs. the Hemi RAM.

The Ram is 10 grand cheaper, and faster, and has a better interior (typical GM Fockup). Mopar's gem is that Hemi, and they use it well.

Really? The Hemi rams interior is the ugliest crap I've seen in my life. I doubt GM's is worse.

Swervedriver

Established Member
The HEMI is old tech with a cool name. Therefore it's nothing more than Marketing crap!

What makes a HEMI Hemispherical head is the fact that the intake & the exhaust valves are on opposite sides of the combustion chamber hemisphere. This increased V.E. of the old OHV V8's because they were cam to pushrod, to get the pushrod through the middle of the head to operate the rocker was trickey. Dodge did it and branded it with a cool name that boosted sales!

Now with the advent of overhead Cams (yea, "now" more like 20+ years ago :rolleyes: ) the "HEMI" design of old is Obsolete! WTF advantage is there other than you have 1 cam & the timing chain route is more simplistic? Routing pushrods horizontally though the middle of the head just to reach the exhaust rocker (eight times); IMO is Effing stupid compared to bolting the cam on top of the head!

I'm not a big Technology vs: displacment guy, but this whole "Hemmay" marketing campaign has bugged me from the day I found out the Hemi was being re-introduced!

I've got 32 Valves, 4 cams, and a long timing chain. Guess what, my exhaust valves are on the opposite side of the combustion chamber hemisphere yet my heads are not "HEMI" because Dodge owns that name and the pushrod technique.

I should stop now. :-D

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Originally posted by SID297
I'm sure the buyer of that L is pleased with the way you drove it:nonono:
I was thinking the same thing. This is why I almost come to tears anytime I have to take the car to the dealer for warranty work. I swear if I ever see/hear somebody tearing around in my car I'll rip them out of that drivers seat and beat the living piss out of them. I hope that Lightning owner reads about you guys tearing around in his truck.:kaboom:

j_granato33

Established Member
my problem is when people say it a ford, its a piece of shit...etc. than why are people so eager to race one and see where they stand as far as how fast there car is. if its a piece of crap then why are you trying to compare your car to it. thats all i have to say. yeah may friends give me the same crap. but when i beat them all they can do is say let me get my ss and you race it because you just beat the crap out of my z28. if you ask me if my 302 just raped your big oversized 350 then who should be the one saying its a piece of sh**. the end.

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by Chris_H
I was thinking the same thing. This is why I almost come to tears anytime I have to take the car to the dealer for warranty work. I swear if I ever see/hear somebody tearing around in my car I'll rip them out of that drivers seat and beat the living piss out of them. I hope that Lightning owner reads about you guys tearing around in his truck.:kaboom:

Now that I think about it from that point of view, your exactly right. That was wrong of me for driving it like that. I only gave it enough throttle to hear the blower, but either way, it wasn't right. Kind of puts thing in perspective.. I'll make sure not to do it again now that I thought of it like that. Thanks man.

Trust me, I hate my job enough where I WISH they would find out how the dealership works and fire all of the detail department.

Swervedriver

Established Member
Originally posted by Chris_H

I seem to remember someone posting about a joy ride in a customers car. Then getting fired when the owner of that car read the thread & called the dealership.

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by Swervedriver
I seem to remember someone posting about a joy ride in a customers car. Then getting fired when the owner of that car read the thread & called the dealership.

Well, if that happens, they are MORE THAN WELCOMED to call the dealership, because I would love to give my dealer a bad name, because they are a bunch of asshole rich people thriving off others (crooked shit goes on there I know it).

As for if the owner finds out and reads this thread, hey, sorry man, and if you want you can take my car for a spin in return, but you will be sorely disappointed in its lack of fun factor for now, so you really won't be hurting my feelings.

Worse has gone on at that dealer... We got a BMW Z3 at the lot.. The mechanics raced a Mustang GT on the street with it. There was another L there (these cases were before I showed up) and they raced (meaning wheels were spinning) on the street; however, I never spun tires, or gave it full WOT, just gave it enough gas to hear the whine.

Either way, what I did was wrong, if they fire me, wow, my feelings are hurt, I am quitting in 3 weeks (summer job).

Users who are viewing this thread