Man of Steel 2 to feature Batman&Superman!

04svtsnke

Established Member
Come Think With Us - Think Mcfly Think - Comic Con 2013: "Man Of Steel 2" Featuring Batman Soars Summer 2015 

On the heels of the worldwide success of Man of Steel, director Zack Snyder is bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time —Batman and Superman —for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution,Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, Man of Steel, has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcoming film brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in Summer 2015.

Silverman stated, “Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he’s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.” Kroll added, “We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel’ is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.” Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment, noted,“Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack’s continuing vision for the DC Universe.”

Zack Snyder, who made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con today, breaking the news to audiences there, later said, “I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world.”The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan. Thomas offered, “Whilst our Dark Knight trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack’s fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can’t wait to see what Zack does with these characters.” The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, and Batman characters created by Bob Kane, published by DC Entertainment.

This should really make 2015 a year to die for!!!

1hot281

Established Member
So they're rebooting/refreshing the Batman character again then? Not using the current and wildly successful and popular Dark Knight trilogy interpretation...

Bravo gt 500

TVS POWERED
Established Member
It will be hard to top the Nolan trilogy! Bale won't be batman unless Nolas is director & that wont happen. WB wanted Nolan as director for man of steel but then backed out & he picked snyder to direct. Both are great visionary directors

94_Vert

Established Member
Just thinking of superman and batman being in the same movie sounds incredibly difficult to do properly.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
So they're rebooting/refreshing the Batman character again then? Not using the current and wildly successful and popular Dark Knight trilogy interpretation...

Bale should be Batman in this movie.. he does the character justice lol
About Bale....
original.jpg

The ambiguously gay duo!

I think it's a bad idea.
About that.....
original.jpg

I think its a great idea but kind of wished they made another Man of Steel movie before. Should've been titled The Last Son of Krypton. Also would LOVE to see Bale don the cape again but already said he's not returning without Nolan.
Either way, World's Finest movie with the inspiration of the Dark Knight Returns, those are awesome news!!!!! :rockon:

Last edited:

04svtsnke

Established Member
It'll be interesting for sure. I was actually hoping for a super girl/brainiac type story but I'm sure they'll get it right. I'm optimistic after seeing the first man of steel. They're gonna have their hands full with avengers:age of ultron coming out the same time.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
Just thinking of superman and batman being in the same movie sounds incredibly difficult to do properly.

The word you are looking for is Tone.

Tone is how a movie feels. Now something like the nolan trilogy had a very dark and grimy tone and feel to it. Contrast it with the fantasy feel that the latest superman movie has.

It won't work.

For example lets take a look at the latest starwars movie, The Revenge of the Sith.

In the opening scene you get the slack stick humor from R2-D2, action-y with the fight between darth dufus and anikan, to very dark with the beheading, overall the story doesnt work because the tones clash.

98expo

Established Member
Is this linked to the movie poster from I Am Legend? A the beginning it has a poster showing Superman vs Batman.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Make it stop!

2015 will be the movie of Paradise

/thread

o2k

Noob
Established Member
i am so dissapointed bale doesn't want to do this.. It just isn't the same without him.. dammit.

flS/R

Established Member
as long as george clooney does not play batman there is hope. The recent dc animated movies which feature these two have been pretty good so I will remain optimistic :)

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
sounds like theyre already half-assing it. They'll never get to Justice League at this rate.

This would be like if RDJ didn't play IronMan anymore in the Avengers because Thor is from a more fantasy world.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Whoever is the next Batman has ENORMOUS shoes to fill, Bale nailed it.
I agree, something tells me they're gonna focus more on Batman this time around.
sounds like theyre already half-assing it. They'll never get to Justice League at this rate.

This would be like if RDJ didn't play IronMan anymore in the Avengers because Thor is from a more fantasy world.
Nolan closed his book, I dont think there's any way you can tie it especially with how Rises ended.
I really would love to see Bale and Nolans Batman in JL but I dont see it happening.

I give it to WB though for bringing a new Batman this way instead of a solo movie, I applaud them for that.
WB is playing it safe and not rushing it like it was originally, wouldn't call it half assed, Flash movie is announced for 2016 as well.

original.jpg

Dark Knight Returns bat logo :rockon:

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I agree, something tells me they're gonna focus more on Batman this time around.

Nolan closed his book, I dont think there's any way you can tie it especially with how Rises ended.
I really would love to see Bale and Nolans Batman in JL but I dont see it happening.

I give it to WB though for bringing a new Batman this way instead of a solo movie, I applaud them for that.
WB is playing it safe and not rushing it like it was originally, wouldn't call it half assed, Flash movie is announced for 2016 as well.

original.jpg

Dark Knight Returns bat logo :rockon:

The animated TDKR was awesome, especially part two. It shows just how far Batman is willing to go just to make his point.

Users who are viewing this thread