Man jailed for posting 140mph youtube video

snake134

BMW Going 140 MPH For YouTube Lands Stanislav Vadimovich Bakanov In Jail

PORTLAND, Oregon (Reuters) - A man who filmed the speedometer of his car while driving more than 140 miles per hour so he could post it on YouTube, ended up in jail on Saturday and the video confiscated, police said.

Stanislav Vadimovich Bakanov was pulled over by police on Oregon Interstate 5 after he was clocked driving his black 2005 BMW at 118 mph. He filmed Sheriff's Deputy Ryan Postlewait as he approached the car.

When Postlewait asked why he was videotaping, Bakanov said he was filming his speedometer, and his arrest, to post on Youtube. The video later revealed that Bakanov had attained speeds in excess of 140 mph.

He was arrested and confined in Marion County jail Saturday night, charged with reckless driving and speeding. It was his third speeding incident in the past year. The video was confiscated and will be used as evidence against him.

Marion County Police spokesman Don Thompson said winds were gusting at up to 50 mph during the day.

"There were tree branches down on the freeway. To be driving at these speeds today was just plain crazy," he said.

tistan

Established Member
He might have dodged a reckless charge, if it was just a one time thing for 118. Because he was a dumb ass and getting his jollies off on it, there is no chance in hell that he gets a break from the cops.

oldmodman

Established Member
"Stanislav Vadimovich Bakanov" with a name like this it doesn't sound like he will even be in the country to be prosecuted.

Russian Mafia maybe?

4a7191a

Established Member
stupid ass. i cant say much though. ive broke the mach to the 125ish range many of times, like every time i drive it. i let off in the top of 4th,and i dont ever pop it into 5th and keep going. there is no way id try to hold a camera while doing that.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
there is no way id try to hold a camera while doing that.

I don't think they hold it.

cinemasupplies_2143_51925830

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The high speeds to 140 was bad enough, but to do it with limbs on the ground and with 50mph winds is beyond stupid. It's probably fortunate for him that he did get stopped.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Cop: Excuse me sir, What is the camera for?
German, Russian, Austrian, Polish, Guy: I am filming my car exceeding the speed limit by almost triple digits, want to see?
Cop: But, of course

Users who are viewing this thread