Man arrested for strangling , cutting up, then cooking mothers puppy

Dark02Pony

Established Member
Florida man arrested after he killed, cut up and cooked the family dog: police - NY Daily News

A 25-year-old Tampa man was arrested on Friday after he killed his family's pit bull mutt puppy, sliced it up and boiled some of its parts, according to a statement from the Tampa Police Department.
Thomas Elliot Huggins reportedly had the 6-month-old dog's ribs in a pot on the stove when the cops arrived on Thursday night. The man had strangled the dog with his bare hands and then cut it into pieces with a steak knife, WFLA reported.

The puppy's head was in the garbage, and other sections were stored in the freezer for future meals, the release said.

According to WFLA, Huggins told police he had done similar things with squirrels and rabbits, and didn't think it was wrong.

Huggins was arrested on animal cruelty charges and booked at Hillsborough County jail. His bond was raised from $2,000 to $10,000, according to police records.
Animal Control collected the dog's remains.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
That is a future serial killer in the making. I literally got sick to my stomach after reading that. I hope they do a psych eval before releasing him.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
A little devils advocate here. Let me start off by saying I love dogs, have owned many and would never hurt one but I would/ have killed and processed deer, hog, duck etc.

The comment about squirrels and rabbits got me thinking. What makes killing and eating a dog any different than a cow, duck, hog, deer? I would assume that most of y'all aren't vegetarians. What makes the feelings of a dog greater than that of any other animal? Because he's a pet? Killing and eating an animal makes him a potential serial killer?

Ill admit I think the shit is really weird but why? Because our society says it is wrong to kill a dog but not any other animal. Should it really be criminal to kill and eat an animal? The dog didn't belong to him so I suppose so but what if it did or was wild? He would probably still be charged with animal cruelty.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
A little devils advocate here. Let me start off by saying I love dogs, have owned many and would never hurt one but I would/ have killed and processed deer, hog, duck etc.

The comment about squirrels and rabbits got me thinking. What makes killing and eating a dog any different than a cow, duck, hog, deer? I would assume that most of y'all aren't vegetarians. What makes the feelings of a dog greater than that of any other animal? Because he's a pet? Killing and eating an animal makes him a potential serial killer?

Ill admit I think the shit is really weird but why? Because our society says it is wrong to kill a dog but not any other animal. Should it really be criminal to kill and eat an animal? The dog didn't belong to him so I suppose so but what if it did or was wild? He would probably still be charged with animal cruelty.

The way he went about it is disturbing, but in other cultures I don't think they would find anything wrong with what he did. I love animals but I'm in no way in support of how we put them up on a pedestal as members of our own families, they are expendable imo. I won't, nor have I ever senselessly killed an an animal, but the value we put on them as a society vs the value we put on our own kind sickens me to be honest.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member

The way he went about it is disturbing, but in other cultures I don't think they would find anything wrong with what he did. I love animals but I'm in no way in support of how we put them up on a pedestal as members of our own families, they are expendable imo. I won't, nor have I ever senselessly killed an an animal, but the value we put on them as a society vs the value we put on our own kind sickens me to be honest.

This. /thread

4a7191a

Established Member
Same here. In Korea I was told dog meat cost more than beef. Can't remember the breed they raise for food. I care for dogs. I have a great Dane and pit. I dont see anything wrong with eating a dog really. Its just as smart as a pig and we all love bacon. The Japanese eat dolphins and they're smarter than dogs.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
It's not so much that he killed a dog that bothers me. It's how did it. He made that animal suffer an agonizing death.

MachJoe

Established Member
Poor dog. I don't care about squirrels, rabbits or even if he did it to a cat. A dog is your best friend and that crap is just wrong. I hope someone boils that mother****er alive!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Because in the US dogs are domesticated animals. In other parts of the world they're just like other animals, but not here.

LS2GTO

Established Member
Because in the US dogs are domesticated animals. In other parts of the world they're just like other animals, but not here.

In the US, cows are domesticated animals too. Yet noone bats an eye when a young calf barely able to walk is slaughtered and served as veal to some dude in a restaurant.

Naturesmistake

Established Member

Exactly... They DO become part of your family when you let them. I was never a dog person until I got mine and now I love him. I totally get the dog as a family member thing. I would kill someone for doing that to my dog as it would be like hurting a family member. We are forgetting this dog was his mothers pet. Kid is sick and that kind of behavior is of the antisocial variety. The kid should be locked up.

Naturesmistake

Established Member
In the US, cows are domesticated animals too. Yet noone bats an eye when a young calf barely able to walk is slaughtered and served as veal to some dude in a restaurant.

Cows are farm animals. Kill a cow in India and let me know how that goes. It's like killing a dog here. Cows are bread for food here, dogs are not. Better yet go order a dog burger at a restaurant while walking your cow. :/

Last edited:

Gray_Ghost

Established Member

Cattle is killed as humanly and painlessly as possible. It is not strangled... And considering true veal is aborted calf meat, I'd say that things have changed...

LS2GTO

Established Member
Cattle is killed as humanly and painlessly as possible. It is not strangled...

You've obviously never seen some videos/news reports of how cows, pigs and other farm animals are treated and killed.

Users who are viewing this thread