Mallet Ls2/Ls7 Solstices!!

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
http://www.mallettcars.com/solstice-conversion.htm

only 100 to be built but count on ppl doing their own swaps!! this is pretty sweet

for 18,000 more, you can have this standard package done plus the price of the car.... but that will give you a 400hp LS2 and upgraded suspension. basically the car will cost like 40 grand for this car that will do low 12's at 113-114mph and pull 1.02 g's on the skidpad.

solsticev8blacklg.jpg

they are also claiming a supercharged 640hp Ls7 setup.. but thats a upgrade expensive package.

but just think, guys will start swapping in Ls1's/Ls2's etc and making great hp. you can build a car for less than 30 grand all together that will be a blast to drive! i would definately own this car

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
I want to see that done to a Saturn Sky. I never thought I'd ever say this....ever, but I actually like a Saturn. The Sky in a lot of ways looks like a little 'Vette, but I'd never buy one.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
When I first saw the Solstice upon release I wondered if you could do just this thing. Glad to see their are like minded companies that actually did this.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Depending on gearing and tire, I bet that low 12.2 @ 113-114 is very conservative. That thing has to weigh less than 3k.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
^ thats what i thought... 400 hp C6 vettes do 12.5ish at 114 and they are like 3300lbs. i bet its a bottom 12 car at abit higher traps than a C6

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
LedVenom281 said:
I want to see that done to a Saturn Sky. I never thought I'd ever say this....ever, but I actually like a Saturn. The Sky in a lot of ways looks like a little 'Vette, but I'd never buy one.

I agree, it does look a lot like the vette. I think an LS2 Sky would be an awesome car to own. I'd have to go with the upgraded suspension and transmission too for corner carving. Man, that would be one helluva car.

For another place to stick an LS7, check this out...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245473&highlight=ls7
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1256188&highlight=ls7+swap&forum_id=1

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Reminiscent of the original Shelby AC Cobra. Small car. Big power. Nice!

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
I saw that in a magazine. It said the reason it could only pull a low 12 is because there is absolutely no traction in 1st or 2nd gear. The reporter said he had to start in 3rd gear just to get around town without shredding the tires.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Chuck's shop is right down the road from me. I've been up there and he gave me the tour, He's definately got some badass cars sitting around. I'll see if I can find some pics of the blown CTSV that puts down over 800 hp

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
yeah they say its 2800lbs

340ish rwhp and 2800 lbs will ride out pretty nicely

i cant imagine a 450rwhp cammed bolt on Ls2 in there

BooRail85

Banned
Well, since chevy took over the Solstice, Ford should take over the Sky and drop in a DOHC 4.6/5.4 and we could start a whole new war! Light car, great handling, v8 power!

Users who are viewing this thread