Malaysian flight down near the Russian border

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
crimson-tide15798_zps99d584b5.jpg

jbs$

Established Member
This flight, when shot down, was at 33,000 feet and headed to Malaysia, within an international flight route. Malaysia, is not a back water hell hole.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
This is a terrible tragedy, but why would you fly a civilian airline into a place dangerous place like that?

they were hardly the only ones doing it. unfortunately the area lies within a main corridor for travel from europe to asia.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
Going after revenge for 24 or however many potential Americans could end up in a situation costing millions of lives. Sorry about the loss of life, but we should stay out, and people should really watch where they choose to travel.

jbs$

Established Member
Zen, those were the numbers on the news reports last evening, I have not looked for an update. As reported, they were taken from the flight manifest.

jbs$

Established Member
NC85, there are many steps, short of a shooting war. Also, the USA is an industrialized Nation who's economic well being depends upon trade and commerce with other Countries. Not to have active travel by our Citizens is impossible.

Last edited:

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Image from fox news looked like a SA-11 system

This could seriously get way oit of hand quick...i however think we have no dog in this fight ATT. However something needs to be done but not by us imo

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
NC85, there are many steps, short of a shooting war. Also, the USA is an industrialized Nation who's economic well being depends upon trade and commerce with other Countries. Not to have active travel by our Citizens is impossible.

Yes, but USA is not and should not responsible for your well being the second you step foot off of american soil, save for military of course.

If an american citizen is traveling abroad they are doing so under their own jurisdiction and responsible for their own well being at that point.

jbs$

Established Member
Obama has announced that there was one American Citizen aboard the downed airliner. The principal of protecting American Citizens and interest remains the same.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Yes, but USA is not and should not responsible for your well being the second you step foot off of american soil, save for military of course.

If an american citizen is traveling abroad they are doing so under their own jurisdiction and responsible for their own well being at that point.
Spot on. Hence the reason the State Dept issues travel warnings to certain areas of the world. Travel at your own risk.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Spot on. Hence the reason the State Dept issues travel warnings to certain areas of the world. Travel at your own risk.

Yup, the United States should not be the world's police force. If an American wants to travel into hostile areas of the world, they should do it at their own risk.

jbs$

Established Member
Thomas, with all due respect, you are wrong. An American Citizen, who has committed no crimes, is due the protection of his Country. I add to this, one is responsible to take all reasonable care of one's self as your first line of security.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Thomas, with all due respect, you are wrong. An American Citizen, who has committed no crimes, is due the protection of his Country. I add to this, one is responsible to take all reasonable care of one's self as your first line of security.

One is considered an acceptable loss.

Yes it is unacceptable to that persons family but is the big picture it is quite acceptable.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member

Active travel is fine, at your own risk. This area of the world I'd avoid flying over like the herp.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
What I don't understand is why everyone is automatically jumping down Russia's throat while hardly mentioning the rebels who actually pushed the button. I understand Russia has it's hands all over this by supplying backing and equipment, but its not like Russia gave them the equipment knowing they would accidentally shoot down a civilian plane.

Don't get me wrong, Russia needs to be held accountable for the part they have played in this, but I'd like to see some heat of the rebels as well.

Users who are viewing this thread