Making my car more drift friendly with the help of Will Barnette

brunocobratt

Established Member
So my plann was to learn to drift with my cobra and then buy a nissan 240 or a fox body mustang just for drifting, but the reality is i dont have a place to put another car or the money to spend on another car right now, so i decided to make my car easier to drift for now and than later see what i will do, Will just sent me these pics, cant wait to pick it up and try it at the skip pad
Mods are:
Hidralic hand brake,
Welded spindles and cooling mod
Thanks alot Will cant wait to try it :driving:

373990[/ATTACH]"]
driftstang8_zps673dd132.jpg

373992[/ATTACH]"]
driftstang3_zpsceb4392f.jpg

373994[/ATTACH]"]
driftstang_zps88e35bb0.jpg

373996[/ATTACH]"]
driftstang2_zps987d5303.jpg

373998[/ATTACH]"]
driftstang5_zpseab593ff.jpg

edit: here are the videos from yesterday with the new mods

Attachments

• driftstang8_zps673dd132.jpg
    driftstang8_zps673dd132.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 171
  • driftstang3_zpsceb4392f.jpg
    driftstang3_zpsceb4392f.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 56
  • driftstang_zps88e35bb0.jpg
    driftstang_zps88e35bb0.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 38
  • driftstang2_zps987d5303.jpg
    driftstang2_zps987d5303.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 27
  • driftstang5_zpseab593ff.jpg
    driftstang5_zpseab593ff.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Mobil1Mach

Established Member
:dw: :nonono:

Says the guy with the unoriginal go fast in a straight line car. :burn:

brunocobratt - big props for doing something really different. I can't wait to see some more vids of your car in action. Especially with the increased steering angle!:banana:

halemach1

Established Member
Cars that people learn to drift in normally end up in pretty bad shape after a few months..... I would suggest just going ahead and getting the 240 and raggin that out instead of such a nice car, then when your get better you can slide the cobra.. Just my 2 cents.

dark-knight

Established Member
ahhh, i was so close to getting an hydro handbrake for my car to make it easier for certain corners.

So what all did he do with the spindles, just extend them alittle? a good hand brake plus more steering angle= soooo much easier.

brunocobratt

Established Member
Can't wait to see it in action!! Haha! That is awesome!!
I can wait to try it :banana:

Awesome, doing something different!
Thats right :beer:
Says the guy with the unoriginal go fast in a straight line car. :burn:

brunocobratt - big props for doing something really different. I can't wait to see some more vids of your car in action. Especially with the increased steering angle!:banana:
Thanks for the suport, i will definily post the videos here

Cars that people learn to drift in normally end up in pretty bad shape after a few months..... I would suggest just going ahead and getting the 240 and raggin that out instead of such a nice car, then when your get better you can slide the cobra.. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the advise, but i am not going to wait anymore, the place that i drift is a open place with only cones to hit, not a track, i would not go to a track with my cobra
ahhh, i was so close to getting an hydro handbrake for my car to make it easier for certain corners.

So what all did he do with the spindles, just extend them alittle? a good hand brake plus more steering angle= soooo much easier.

Yeah, i think he just extended them a little, can wait to try the new mods

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member

Being completely honest and not sarcastic: I would love to see a beaten and drifted 04 held together by zip ties. I love drift missiles, an 04 would be badass. :rockon:

XHIRL8N

Established Member
do what you want with YOUR car man. looks pretty fun to me. inwould probably have a car for this if I had a place to drive it nearby. its not like drag racing a car doesn't beat it op and tear it up, and that's perfectly acceptable.

more vids soon please

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
You're going balls deep now. Definitely some legit mods.

Have fun and I'm looking forward to the videos from your next trip out. Keep it up :rockon:

leftlane86gt

Established Member
Props to you for stepping outside of box and doing something with YOUR Cobra that YOU enjoy doing. Looking for to your next video and also looking forward to you making some other owners cringe with every video you post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread