Major League Baseball 2012

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
so do the Rangers make it World Series Choke Job #3 in a row this year?

Only your simple mind would see it as a choke. When was the last time a team won the ALCS back to back. :rollseyes

I couldn't care less how well the Rangers do, I am just ready for some baseball. Nothing better than a crappy, long day. Cruise home, open a brew and watch some baseball night after night. :beer:

20120301_mjr_su5_016_extra_large.jpg

qL87Q.St.58.jpg

105970014_crop_650x440.jpg

NS_08RANGERSfireworks-thumb-600x399-123586.jpg

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
Phillies will win 100 games. I don't know about anyone else.

Tigers have a pretty nice roster, as do the Yankees as always, but both have difficulty utilizing the talent.

The Tigers should have a much easier division than the Yankees this year though.

You're right about Detroit having trouble utilizing the talent, but I think the bigger problem in Detroit is that we have a lot of streaky players and AFAIK no real 5th starter (to go along with our bullpen which generally sucks balls).

It should be a good season. If the Tigers don't win the AL Central, it'll be considered a major failure for sure.

CSD

Banned
So who you guys think will win 100? If they beat each other up, I dont think no one will.

Exactly Josh, I don't see any teams winning 100 this season. No one in the NL is good enough, and the AL teams will beat up on each other.

Last edited:

Lemers

Established Member
Wow! No Red Sox. I'm worried they had a terrible off season after a late season collapse.

But management thinks that they will be good.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
Don't sleep on the Royals. Their youngsters last year really did a number on some teams down the stretch. They'll be better than the Sux for sure.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
Why you hating on the White Sox?

Because I'm a Detroit fan living in Chicago, that's why. Trust me, it's not like I don't receive my share of shit from the locals. Also, they're rebuilding and cleaned house, so I don't expect jack shit from that team this year.

The Royals could compete for the division title this year. The Sux, no. IMHO of course.

Lemers

Established Member
I was actually deflecting from my team the Red Sox. I think it's gonna be another 3 way race in the east and want to see how this new wild card works.

Jaysin

Established Member
I'm a Cubs fan so.. :/

I also hope the Braves could actually do something besides choke, mainly because my grandmother is a huge Braves fan, I'd love for them to win another World Series in her lifetime again. Doubt it though.

Lemers

Established Member
Red Sox Injuries are already going to cause problems

pitchers
Chris Carpenter
Bobby Jenks
Rich Hill
Daisuke Matsuzaka
John Lackey
Andrew Miller

Outfielders
Carl Crawford
Ryan Kalish

Bailey (closer) had his thumb looked at and may need surgery. He's going for a second opinion.

Josh Beckett also had his thumb looked at, but is expected not to miss a start.

LUBaseball2

Established Member
I played for the yankees... but Im a Nationals an Orioles fan... should be a good season for the Nats I'm thinking they might give philly a run for their money

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
as much as i love the Sox, i can't believe Beckett is already starting with tiny little nicks and bumps. Bailey...saw that coming...we let a guy go who has been arguably the second best closer in the game and hasn't seen the DL since 06...for a guy thats missed 110 games in the past two seasons.

and i'm already sick and tired of hearing about Bobby V. the guy is nothing but a self promoter and doesn't seem ti realize that the fans dont pay to see/hear from him

Users who are viewing this thread