Major League Baseball 2012

Planter

Banned
well, at least my bouts of winter insomnia will be coming to stop soon. when it's 11 pm, I can just flip on a dvr'd baseball game and I'll be sawing logs in no time flat. baseball does serve at least one useful purpose for me. :sleeping:

BlownAway05

Established Member
Ah... and so the season begins with the M's beating the A's in Japan in 11 innings. They sure got a nice Ichiro show, 4 for 5.

Yankees got a hell of a lot better starting pitching this year, not sure where Pettite fits in, but if he can produce after a year off, that will be a nasty pitching staff.

Rays have done crap in spring training, but we all know spring training doesn't mean anything. I like our chances if Pena and Scott can get some decent HR numbers and if Pena can keep a major league batting average. Nothing needs to be said about the Rays pitching, it's easily a top rotation in the league.

Did they decide on the extra wildcard spot yet? That will make things interesting for both the AL East and the AL West, considering what the Angels did this offseason.

BlownAway05

Established Member
My prediction:

Yankees win AL East
Toronto
Boston
Tampa Bay
Baltimore

Your usual prediction of where the Rays will finish. I'm glad that you are always wrong about that, makes me feel more confident about this year, I'd be worried if you actually had them finishing 2nd. :rolling:

it was man, and i really missed this thread. best place to talk hardball around. i should be around more this season.

in all seriousness i think boston is dead in the water. and i think the yanks are going to have trouble on the back 9.

i think my rays will be just as big of a pita in the east as last year. :rockon:

You missed an epic season last year buddy. That last day of the season, has not, and may never be matched again. Man, I remeber when the Rays chance of making the playoffs was down to 0.9%.

Last edited:

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Thank god we can talk about baseball again! I was lazy and waited til last minute so I got tickets for Saturday nights game, not opening day :(

Hopefully the Rangers can actually not choke this year and finish it. Hey as they say, third times a charm right? Haha

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Thank god we can talk about baseball again! I was lazy and waited til last minute so I got tickets for Saturday nights game, not opening day :(

Hopefully the Rangers can actually not choke this year and finish it. Hey as they say, third times a charm right? Haha

how sweet does the supercharger sound with the resonator kit??

baseball for me....yea my team blows for years to come (NY Mets) :cuss:

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Phillies will win 100 games. I don't know about anyone else.

Tigers have a pretty nice roster, as do the Yankees as always, but both have difficulty utilizing the talent.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Interested in putting $ on that?

Strait up, never. I'd have to get some crazy odds. It's unlikely any team will get to 100 wins realistically, but if any team does I think the Phillies have the best chance. They bring it every year.

CSD

Banned
Strait up, never. I'd have to get some crazy odds. It's unlikely any team will get to 100 wins realistically, but if any team does I think the Phillies have the best chance. They bring it every year.

I made the same bet last year and lost. If you change your mind I'll be interested

BlownAway05

Established Member
Is the NL even going to have enough people to field an All-Star team this year? Seems like the AL has taken most of their talent.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Plus having a DH, really helps the power hitters. Thats why Pujols and Fielder went over there. Vlad, Ortiz, A-Rod eventually, others have benefited from not fielding, once they get older.

Users who are viewing this thread