Maintenance on a 180k mile truck

cantu756

Established Member
So ive been trying to get my truck running 100% lately, so far i changed out the spark plugs, all of the coils, air filter, fuel filter, complete oil change, cleaned the mass air flow and IAC. Next i will be replacing the two front 02 sensors with bosch replacements and fuel pumps. I was going to replace the fuel pumps with 255s for future potential but after reading about some people having issues with the wiring not being enough i decided to just do stock lph which is 190 "I think", what pumps should i go with and where could i buy them? Would like to replace the socks and y fitting also. The truck runs really good "Besides the transmission slipping and diff starting to do the one wheel spin" but just want to get ahead of everything and do a full maintenance on it since the body has 180k i know the motor was replaced at one point just dont know when. Currently the only mods are x-pipe and carven exhaust still has cats. Any help is appreciated.
IMG_20171221_144933_828.jpg
20170701_095428.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

cantu756

Established Member
clean he interooler.
Yeah, that's on the bottom of the list since the truck will be down a day or two. Mainly because am sure it's super dirty so I will let everything soak overnight in some degreaser, recently did it to my Cobra and it sucked. I need to put an oil seperator on it pretty soon, read that the l&s is a good one but don't see where to buy it.
20180213_150706.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dusten

Established Member
yea the oil separator is great. Mine has a clear tube so I look at it every week. Don't forget about that EGR delete also

The EGR delete does nothing for these trucks but clean up the under hood. If you aren't tuned you're going to be stuck a CEL. If you have emissions, you'll likely fail.

Users who are viewing this thread