mail order and remote logging VS dyno tune

bomrrman84

Established Member
so i just PCS'd from Las Vegas NV to Holloman AFB in NM. my tuning options weren't bad in vegas for very apparent reasons but, i'm about ready to pulley my 04 Cobra and cant seem to find any reputable tuners in the local area. i've seen that some of you guys are cruising around with mail order tunes and, with the option of data-logging now, in my mind, remote data-logging and tuning seems the better option due to the fact that the car is being logged in the actual environment it will be driven/raced.

my second thought is this: i could drive 4 hours to get a good dyno tune but, the DA, humidity, ect. will be different. whats the point of driving 4 hours to get your car tuned if the altitude difference is huge (>2000 ft or more)? any thoughts? ive put alot of thought into this and im thinking since lethal has their holiday sales going , i could get a john lund tune with an Xcal3. how are his capabilities with remote tuning? im open to all suggestions as long as they have the justification to back them up. thanks guys.:rockon:

Last edited:

mj42

UNDERDOG
Established Member
I think I might be going with amazon tuning solutions you pretty much are able to get free tunes for as long as you own the car and any mods you make..... If I'm wrong please correct me but that's what I am getting by what I have been told and read. they have a package deal for tune and handheld....

Don't know if it helps out any... plus I know what you mean I am from el Paso. Not many people around lol

bomrrman84

Established Member
thanks MJ42, i appreciate the input.

i do remember reading something about that. i know there is an amazon rep around here somewhere.... hopefully he could chime in about remote datalogging?

and yes, in this area of the country, no one has made a point of perfecting the art of termi tuning. sorry but unless i get twin turbos from hellion i'm not driving to Albuquerque just to get a tune.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
we have you datalog specific parameters and AF then send them to Rick so he can dial the preliminary tune in. If you have any questions about any part of the process he will walk you through it.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You'll need a w/b to dial in the a/f. I remote tuned mine, and it took 2 logs to get the a/f and timing dialed in.

bomrrman84

Established Member
03cobra#694, what kind of software are you using and who did your tune? also, i hear that the NGK Powerdex AFX Air/Fuel Wideband Sensor and Gauge is the way to go as far as WB o2 sensors.....how far down the pipe did you drill and weld the new bung it or did you just use an exsisting one?

bomrrman84

Established Member
and thank you Amazon Tuning, i may give you guys a call since you are the only vendor with a response (and a very reputable on at that). is it in fact true i can get free tunes for as long as i own the car if i choose to do business with you? if anyone else offers this i would like to know as well.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Used SCT, and VMP did mine. I'm running a DynoJet wbc and I welded the bung as close to the manifold as I could get it just past the O2. I started with it in the rear O2, but moved it up closer to get a quicker response time. Yeah, I hear that is one heck of a good w/b.

bomrrman84

Established Member
thank you for the quick response, #694. i would also like to hear about some other setups (or if everyone is running something that is similar and effective) before making my final decision. if anyone else would care to contribute to my humble post i would appreciate it! thanks again guys!

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
and thank you Amazon Tuning, i may give you guys a call since you are the only vendor with a response (and a very reputable on at that). is it in fact true i can get free tunes for as long as i own the car if i choose to do business with you? if anyone else offers this i would like to know as well.

Yes it is true,we give you free revisions for as long as you own the vehicle no matter what you have added.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If you want to take advantage of our holiday special, now is definitely the time. Lines are open until 9pm EST.

After you order, we'll send you a form to fill out and you can specify all the modifications done to the cobra, and Lund Racing will create the tune based on the information at hand. Free revisions for bolt ons for life as well. The sale does not include remote data logging services, but if something is off, we and Lund Racing will be happy to help you out. If it's tune related, any issue will be rectified and a revision would be sent.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread