Magnuson & CAI Issues

Flyinrazrback

Established Member
Who is running a CAI with their Magnacharger without any surging, etc? I have one about to go into my 2013 (with the CFM CAI) and now reading that people running CAIs are having surging, etc. Anyone running the Rousch CAI?

Last edited:

hand-filer

Established Member
Try posting this at The Mustang Source. I think a couple of guys that post there run Magnusons.
The only guy that has posted here that I can recall has one on an F150.
Not much support for these blowers so you might have problems getting answers.

Flyinrazrback

Established Member
Try posting this at The Mustang Source. I think a couple of guys that post there run Magnusons.
Not much support for these blowers so you might have problems getting answers.

Thanks, have been chatting with a few over there with them.

mechanicboy

Established Member

That would be me. The stock tune would occasionally surge on cruise control going uphill and with a Bully dog (F150) the surging wasn't any better or worse (but did make ~0.5 psi more boost). Now I tried a tuner before AED and the surging was freaking HELL! With the AED tune I've never had a surging problem, but at the sacrifice of part throttle torque and fuel economy.

I personally believe that the problem is in a tune that was slapped together from maggy. Their tune didn't change enough to compensate for the characteristics of the supercharger and the bypass valve. I'm willing to bet that if you soften the throttle plate opening in relation to throttle pedal input that it would stop. There's another fix that Shaun can do for you, but I'm not sure he wants to posting that on here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread