Magnum SRT8 or Traiblazer SS

Uconn Eric

13 yr member, 66 posts. I don't talk much.
Established Member
Just curious on everyone's thoughts about these two vehicles. In the fall I'm planning on purchasing something with more cargo space than the cobra and my daily driver, a 2001 accord. The magnum with a 6.1 liter hemi and 425 horses or the trailblazer with the 6.0 liter ls2 making 391 horses? The trailblazer has 8 more cubic feet of cargo space and the looks have caught my eye. But the magnum looks pretty mean as well. I may or may not keep the accord since it will be paid off. I tried fitting my 2 year old son's new bed in the accord and let's just say it didn't fit too well. The extra space will be needed as he grows up. I also plan to tow a small boat in the future. Prices aren't set for the trailblazer but they will both be in the $35,000 to $40,000 range. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Eric

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
The SRT-8 Magnum is beautiful and really mean-looking. I'd definitely take the Magnum. How about the SRT Grand Cherokee? You'll pay more, but get a SUV and the same SRT 6.1 Hemi with AWD. Its been said that the Grand Cherokee may be the real sleeper from DCX's PVO division.

Squeeler92

Traveler said:
The SRT-8 Magnum is beautiful and really mean-looking. I'd definitely take the Magnum. How about the SRT Grand Cherokee? You'll pay more, but get a SUV and the same SRT 6.1 Hemi with AWD. Its been said that the Grand Cherokee may be the real sleeper from DCX's PVO division.

Would depend on his taste, I personally am not a fan of the new Jeep Cherokee's, definetly like the SRT-8 tho. Can't believe Dodge pulled off making a STATION WAGON look good! There doesn't seem to be very much in the aftermarket for the Hemi's tho....still working on cracking those computers and such I believe? Well, maybe it's changed since I haven't really been looking up on Mopars in quite some time....

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
Why not wait for the Adrenaline Sport Trac?

I'd say it has alot more potential then either of the other two...plus it's a Ferd! :coolman:

-Adam

GLHS837

Established Member
By "sleeper" they are referring to what will most likely be it's fasttest 0-60 time of all the SRT-8s. Due of course to its AWD system. And once it hits 60, the others will take the lead and never give it up, of course:)

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Isn't the trail blazer just a concept? I like the Grand Cherokee myself definetly the sleeper of the bunch.

Uconn Eric

13 yr member, 66 posts. I don't talk much.
Established Member
Thanks guys for the input. I think a black Magnum SRT-8 might be the winner. 425 horses and bad-ass looks is quite a combination. Whenever I get it I'll be sure to post some pics and give you some driving impressions.

Eric

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Adam01Snake said:

I'd say it has alot more potential then either of the other two...plus it's a Ferd! :coolman:

-Adam

Ding ding, we have a winner.

Squeeler92

Adam01Snake said:

-Adam

Because the way the 07 GT500 is looking, it will be a sport trac body with an ugly, cheap looking hood and downgraded everything, except maybe that Cobra engine :rockon: ...but likely will turn off a lot of people in the looks department. Wish the L would come back :whine: :whine: :whine:

BTW, one thing people are forgetting is that the Trailblazer SS will be AWD while the SRT is only RWD. If it's going to be a family vehicle, I would opt for the AWD for the inclement weather.....but that's your call....

Last edited by a moderator:

Steeltwo

Established Member
go test drive a magnum once. Try not to hit anything while changing lanes due to the yukon sized blind spots.

drove a magnum for a week, and I liked the car for certian things, other things is TOTALLY sucked for.

i'd go for the SUV myself.
the magnum will be WAAY faster, but with the SUV. At least you can go off roading for the two miles you will in it's life time :)

charles6

Established Member
But on the contrary, I haven't drove a magnum yet, but I bet they can be fun RWD....
When the SS finally comes out it will probably be marked up remarkably and by that time you could get a used magnum for cheaper...
-Brad

Squeeler92

charles6 said:
But on the contrary, I haven't drove a magnum yet, but I bet they can be fun RWD....
When the SS finally comes out it will probably be marked up remarkably and by that time you could get a used magnum for cheaper...
-Brad

Im not positive on this, but isn't the SS coming out this fall?

Users who are viewing this thread