Magnapack Packs

01CaliSnake

Established Member
hey guys i am looking to get new exhaust and i keep getting told not to get the magnaflow exhaust but to get the magnapacks....i cannot find the magnapacks for my 01 cobra though.....if anyone knows where to find them or thinks otherwise on them please let me know......thanks so much

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
from what i have read, magnaflow does not sell a magnapack catback for 99/01 cobras. you have to buy the magnapack mufflers separate and clamp or weld them into an aftermarket catback.

CobraG

Established Member
99riocobra said:
from what i have read, magnaflow does not sell a magnapack catback for 99/01 cobras. you have to buy the magnapack mufflers separate and clamp or weld them into an aftermarket catback.

I believe this is correct, the Packs do not come in a catback. If you are looking for just sound the mufflers alone will be fine. Paired with an x or h and you'll see and improvements :banana:

Tomjh99

Established Member
I bought my Magnapack mufflers from SummmitRacing.com. I went and had them installed in my Magnaflow catback. Sounds much better than the mufferls that come with the Magnfow catback. Now I have an off road X pipe and it sounds prefect.

CobraG

Established Member
Tomjh99 said:
I bought my Magnapack mufflers from SummmitRacing.com. I went and had them installed in my Magnaflow catback. Sounds much better than the mufferls that come with the Magnfow catback. Now I have an off road X pipe and it sounds prefect.

Mustangexhaust.com has them for a pretty good price too, I want to say $60 a piece. Most of your hp/tq gains are going to come from the midpipe, the catback may give you a little. So going with just mufflers may be the way to go.

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
Yup, i bought the magnaflow catback, had it installed, then after a while it seemed pretty mild, so I bought the magnapack mufflers and had them welded in. sounds good, now I got my o/r x-pipe ready to be installed, can't wait to hear it with the x-pipe... but yes, they don't sell a magnapack catback for the cobras, you would have to buy the magnaflow catback(2.50"d) and switch the regular mufflers with the magnapack mufflers, or just weld in your magnapack mufflers onto your stock catback(2.25"d?)

Users who are viewing this thread