magnapack install question

530stangs_22

First On Race Day
Established Member
hey everyone quick question.. i just got my magnapack mufflers today and i was wondering instead of welding them in could i notch out a piece of the muffler like the slp muflers and clamp it to the existing exhaust pipe? would it seal properly? and how would it hold up scraping on stuff??

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
hey everyone quick question.. i just got my magnapack mufflers today and i was wondering instead of welding them in could i notch out a piece of the muffler like the slp muflers and clamp it to the existing exhaust pipe? would it seal properly? and how would it hold up scraping on stuff??

Could you do that? Sure.

SHOULD you do that? No.

It would work but obviously the clamp is going to wiggle loose from scraping on stuff or bouncing on the roads.

Pony up the few bucks to do things right or your going to just wind up spending more money down the road anyways.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For the cost of doing it right.......do it right! I remember doing something similar on my first car in high school. A rookie mistake on my part. I highly recommend that you do not go the convenient way and try to notch/cut and clamp. It's not going to be that expensive to have it properly welded at a muffler shop. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread