Magnaflow VS Borla ???

93SVT#18

Established Member
Cant Decide which one to get. The Magnafolw comes with the cat-back pipes that are 3" vs the borla still runs a 2.5". Anyone done one of these on the GT500 yet. Dont want a loud exhaust just looking for a deep mellow sound. Also does anyone know if a bassani x pipe off of a 05 mustang will work on these cars. I have one just laying aroung collecting dust. Thanks for your input.

03blwn281

Got 500rwhp?
Established Member
I would look into the CORSA system..It has been proven by LIVERNOIS and it sounds awesome...My neighbor has it on his vehicle and dynoed and made 13 hp and 13 ft lbs of torque...

93SVT#18

Established Member
really not interested in anything other than magnaflow or borla. Heard others and dont really like them. Had bassani on a 05 gt and didnt like the sound of those very well. Thanks for the imput though.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I can't really comment on sound with either of these on the Shelby's, but on Sunday I removed the Magnaflow hi flow catted X pipe from my 03' and after 4.5 years and 26,500 miles, it still looked virtually brand new. Excellent value.

93SVT#18

Established Member
thats what i have on my 03 cobra and love it. mine only has 7500 miles on the car and about 6000 miles on the exhaust but it still looks like new. This is for my father-in-law. And just trying to make sure we get a good system to begin with. Had a bassani before on his last car and just didnt like the sound.

chuckstang

Established Member
Im shocked, Bassani is the best exhaust IMO for the 99-04 cars!
very exotic sounding but still has that flowmaster rumble

93SVT#18

Established Member
not referring to the 99-04 cars. The 05-07 cars of coarse have a whole different setup. The bassani doesnt sound sound as good on the newer cars to me.

MD03SVT

Established Member
93SVT#18 said:
Cant Decide which one to get. The Magnafolw comes with the cat-back pipes that are 3" vs the borla still runs a 2.5". Anyone done one of these on the GT500 yet. Dont want a loud exhaust just looking for a deep mellow sound. Also does anyone know if a bassani x pipe off of a 05 mustang will work on these cars. I have one just laying aroung collecting dust. Thanks for your input.
No an X pipe from a 05-07 4.6L will not fit without alot of tweeking ,I made one fit by heating & bending & grinding back in september when no one had one available yet.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I'm going Borla again, can't decide if I want their after cat kit with flow tubes (at least it LOOKS like it has the tubes), or just the mufflers/tips either Ford Racing Borla or Stinger type. :read:

chuckstang

Established Member

chuckstang

Established Member
I noticed that they have a Kooks off road X pipe for $455, they must just be over priced because a member here has a SS works off road x pipe that he purchased for $250.
Is there any other differences from the prior 05 stangs other than the muffler location?? I just must be missing something with these newer cars :(

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Are those the same as the non CA legal "Ford Racing" Borla axle backs you see on many GT500s?
Also, that price seems way over priced? I remember seeing many on stangsunleashed paying $350-400. I mean all that you are getting are a pair of mufflers and tips, am I mistaken?

That's actually cheaper than Summit for the Stingers, Borla gear isn't cheap.

And yeah, the Ford Racing kit looks the same, costs less, has 'Ford Racing' on the tips instead of 'Borla'

fms-m-5230-5gt_w.jpg

M-5230-5GT

93SVT#18

Established Member
I ordered the magnaflow. Should have been here buy now. Could not decide between the borla and magnaflow for a while. Probally get the magnaflow and then wish I had the borla. That how it goes. Anyone know why I dont get the email responces to post any more. I have it selected to sent instant notification and I get nothing. I pm'ed two mods and never got a response from either.

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I went with the FRPP M-5230-5GT kit posted above, will be going in this weekend :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread