Magnaflow Exhaust Vid

randg4603

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7hipe7eXFA"]2004 Cobra Exhaust Video.wmv - YouTube[/nomedia]

Hey all,

Just wanted to share some clips of my setup. My intention was to create a video that would give someone in the market for this type of setup a good idea of how it sounds in all aspects.

The camera was a point-&-shit Samsung. I'll make a better video before the winter hits with an HD vid camera.

Comments & criticism welcome

Ace5Oh

Established Member
Nice. Couple wot passes would of been nice. I'm debating on a mid pipe. Catted or not.

randg4603

Established Member
Nice. Couple wot passes would of been nice. I'm debating on a mid pipe. Catted or not.

I was WOT on the 1st - 3rd but shifting easy. Do you mean 4th or 5th?

Go catted for a DD, catless for a weekend toy. I drive my car about 10 miles/week on saturday or sunday so the noise doesn't bug me... I love it.

DT_C03RA

Established Member
Nice. I pretty much have the same setup on mine, except the OR/X is Magnaflow's. I like it a lot and I DD mine. I find shifting around 2k rpms or less, it's really not loud. I also have a catted MRT H-pipe that came on the car originally in the garage, so I can change back and forth if I get tired of one or the other. Even with the catted H it's still freaking loud under WOT, so between the two there isn't much of a difference there, it's just in the lower rpms where I noticed the difference between being catted or not.

randg4603

Established Member
Nice. I pretty much have the same setup on mine, except the OR/X is Magnaflow's. I like it a lot and I DD mine. I find shifting around 2k rpms or less, it's really not loud. I also have a catted MRT H-pipe that came on the car originally in the garage, so I can change back and forth if I get tired of one or the other. Even with the catted H it's still freaking loud under WOT, so between the two there isn't much of a difference there, it's just in the lower rpms where I noticed the difference between being catted or not.

Nice yeah it's not unbearable by any means. I don't see reason to put cats on.... The car is exempt due to collector status.

This is my favorite set up to date. I am making a full 3" rear section with the 3" magnapacks and 4" slanted/non-rolled tips right now. I'll be sure to make another vid to see if there is any noticable difference. I like the look of the polished 3" rear section.

DT_C03RA

Established Member
Yeah it does look nice. If I didn't DD mine I'd polish it, but just too much work to keep clean when you drive it all the time.

Can't wait to see and hear it.

snakezilla

Established Member
I like my magnapacks. I ran them with a bassani O/R X for about 2 years. Now I'm running them with a bassanni catted X and I absolutely love them. I had my packs Modded so I didn't need to weld them. They clamp on my CB just like the regular mufflers that came with my magnaflow CB. Same thing with my cats, the clamp right on or off

Last edited:

DT_C03RA

Established Member
That's how I would of liked mine to be too (clamped that is), but the previous owner did this, so maybe down the line I might fix it. I find that I like to change my exhaust every so often, so having an option to just swap out mufflers would be cool. Since I still have the MRT-catted H, I'll just use that in the interim when I feel like a change. I think it'll be hard to go backwards on sound though. IDK I'm 35 and I still like the exhaust loud, but things change, so it's good to have, especially for inspection time! lol

snakezilla

Established Member
Last edited:

randg4603

Established Member
This is exactly how my car sounded with the bassanni O/R X and magnapacks.
04' Cobra w/ O/R X & Magnapacks - Car Videos on StreetFire

I'm thinking of going back to O/R but I haven't decided. All I have to do is unclamp the cats. What do you guys think?

/\ /\ Go back to O/R no cats! Wake the neighbors, the dead, anyone within a 1/2 mile radius. :rockon:

Dr. Wu's video is what convinced me to go with this setup. Also I believe that in person mine is much louder than my video suggests. I need to make another with a better camera!

snakezilla

Established Member
/\ /\ Go back to O/R no cats! Wake the neighbors, the dead, anyone within a 1/2 mile radius. :rockon:

Dr. Wu's video is what convinced me to go with this setup. Also I believe that in person mine is much louder than my video suggests. I need to make another with a better camera!

Lol, that's why I slapped the cats back on. After 2 years with the O/r I got tired of it being so load. It is one of the loudest setups available for these cars. Maybe I'm getting old but its still pretty loud during a WOT pull...

randg4603

Established Member
Lol, that's why I slapped the cats back on. After 2 years with the O/r I got tired of it being so load. It is one of the loudest setups available for these cars. Maybe I'm getting old but its still pretty loud during a WOT pull...

Yeah I understand. Mine barely gets driven so it doesn't bug me.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
I love the packs with an o/r and catted x. Both sound awesome...my buddy is running them with a upr o/r x and it's violently loud, I was also running them with a upr o/r x but it was too much since my car is a dd. Now I have my magnaflow catted x back on and the sound is perfect. This is the only vid of it that I have at the moment
[youtube_browser]cdwcSQuyNhQ[/youtube_browser]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great exhaust system you put together. Funny, but it sounded identical to my old Magnaflow catback/X-pipe setup. I was actually surprised it was a custom setup with an SLP X-pipe (catless). I do like it a lot.

snakezilla

Established Member
I love the packs with an o/r and catted x. Both sound awesome...my buddy is running them with a upr o/r x and it's violently loud, I was also running them with a upr o/r x but it was too much since my car is a dd. Now I have my magnaflow catted x back on and the sound is perfect. This is the only vid of it that I have at the moment
[youtube_browser]cdwcSQuyNhQ[/youtube_browser]

sounds just like mine. Catted X with packs:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread