Magnaflow exhaust mock-up!

Zeroescence

Established Member
Hello all. I'm going on Monday to Magnaflow R&D warehouse to have them fit and design a cat back exhaust. My question to all of you is, what are things you would be looking for in any aftermarket exhaust? I hope to show them this thread and build the exhaust for the people that know what they want.

So here are a few quick parameters:

1. Volume over stock?
2. H-pipe---X-pipe?
3. Tips? Oval but wide to fill gap, or quad?
4. Tip look? Beveled, rolled, or like factory?
5. Tip color options? Black, chrome, brushed, black chrome?
6. Exhaust diameter? 2.75 inch or 3 inch?
7. Muffler delete? Magna-pack? Other?

I'm sure I forgot a bunch of things but I'm looking forward to what you guys have to say. I'm new to the GT500's so let me know what you think. Thanks. :beer:

jonesd

Established Member
Personally I would like a 3 inch catback that keeps the dual tip design. Bigger tips than stock if possible, Rolled tips in chrome or polished.

Also, while I know it may be hard to do since corsa has the patent, but a decent design that keeps highway cruise drone down somewhat.

Last edited:

peteypab2133

Established Member
i really like the euro look of the quad exhaust. Stock looking mufflers would be awesome.

x pipe would be fine as well, and high flow cats.

I want boat style gargle. But I do not want drone on the highway.

bpmurr

Established Member
If Magnaflow is smart they'll offer a X and H pipe.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
+1 on them offering a choice between H and X pipe. I also would like a high flow cat setup, while keep the stock look exhaust. The idea I think is to get more grunt out of the system. needs to sound meaner without being obnoxious

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Stock diameter rolled stainless steel quad tips.

Then stamp Borla on it and I'll look into it.:)

I've never been a big fan of magnaflow, but if they make a great sound I'll be interested.

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
Stock diameter rolled stainless steel quad tips.

Then stamp Borla on it and I'll look into it.:)

I've never been a big fan of magnaflow, but if they make a great sound I'll be interested.

+1

My head is still ringing from the drone in my Pontiac G8+Magnaflows. The Pypes pype bombs on my 5.0 isn't even that bad... :nonono:

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
H-Pipe design for the sound quality.
High flow cats, if making a full exhaust ( manifold back )
Keep the quad tips.
No hwy drone.
Louder exhaust at WOT ( wide open throttle )
3" size piping.

I have used Magnaflow on my C6, both Trailblazers SS's, and a mix set-up on my Ecoboost and never had any issues with drone. They make great systems!!

Zeroescence

Established Member
I definitely want it to be 3"exhaust and 4" quad tip. I have been looking at their tips and really like the bevel look. How about you guys? Looks higher quality than the factory pipes or rolled edges.

27325d1218609979-borla-vs-magnaflow-vs-rpi-close-tips.jpg

magnaflowTip.jpg

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I definitely want it to be 3"exhaust and 4" quad tip. I have been looking at their tips and really like the bevel look. How about you guys? Looks higher quality than the factory pipes or rolled edges.

27325d1218609979-borla-vs-magnaflow-vs-rpi-close-tips.jpg

magnaflowTip.jpg

I've been in the New Edge scene for quite some time, and that rolled vs 'beveled' as you called it (never heard that, might be the legit name, but anyways) has been a huge debate for sometime.

I have 4" rolled SS tips on my '99 and from behind, when clean, look is unbeatable...but from the side, it sounds dumb but I think the other look is cleaner.

Either/or would be better than stock as far as appearance is considered.

Zeroescence

Established Member
I've been in the New Edge scene for quite some time, and that rolled vs 'beveled' as you called it (never heard that, might be the legit name, but anyways) has been a huge debate for sometime.

I have 4" rolled SS tips on my '99 and from behind, when clean, look is unbeatable...but from the side, it sounds dumb but I think the other look is cleaner.

Either/or would be better than stock as far as appearance is considered.

Google "Beveled exhaust tips" you get the above pics. Google "rolled exhaust tips" you get this.

tips_rolled.jpg

So which of these two are you in favor of ? +1 to either looking better than the stock tips.

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
I would just ask for a full 3in. and beveled quad tips. Somehow.....I have seen it on a 2013 GT500 already. Magnaflo is ahead of the game you guys, my sources have the good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread