Magnaflow Catback Installed..WOW!!

NC Cobra

Established Member
I had the same concerns as MAC03COBRA about the sound level of the catback that I wanted. I listened to the sound clips, read the feedback, etc. I finally said screw it and ordered the Magnaflow catback from Houston Performance. (Great guys)
I figured if I did not like them I could always take them off and make someone a good deal on a slightly "used" setup.

Well, let me tell you...I LOVE THE SOUND. These babies are staying right where they are. You can cruise around in "stealth" mode and get hardly a glance. But put your foot down and they come to life. Not an annoying shotgun blast of volume, but definately a veeery pleasing growl. I made a 500 mile round trip to the car show in Pigeon Forge this weekend and found no droning or excessive sound levels in the 60mph to 80mph cruise range. Highway manners were my biggest concern. (Everybody loves a loud exhaust on the way to the parts store and back but I don't want to do 8 hour runs with ear plugs.)

I REALLY LIKE THIS SETUP....

Elliotness

Established Member
Originally posted by NC Cobra
I had the same concerns as MAC03COBRA about the sound level of the catback that I wanted. I listened to the sound clips, read the feedback, etc. I finally said screw it and ordered the Magnaflow catback from Houston Performance. I REALLY LIKE THIS SETUP....

Did you install only the catback?? Did you also install the X-pipe?

NC Cobra

Established Member
ELLIOTNESS - So far just the cat back. I wanted to go a step at a time so I could tell what each part of the system was adding (in terms of sound). Most comments about the catted X say that it does not make the total system any louder. The X pipe will be my next addition. If the sound levels stay the same, or just slghtly louder, I will be very happy. I wanted a sound that compliments the high performance side of the Cobra while still making the car relaxing and fun to drive since I do drive it every day. I feel that I got just that with the Magnaflows.

KingKobra

Established Member
Whooooohoooo, just got confirmation... my Cat-back due by saturday! I wanted a sound balance with the Super Charger... not really expecting much in the HP gains department. If so, whoooohooooo to that too!

cheeers!
Andy

Users who are viewing this thread