Magnaflow Catback Installed..WOW!!

GOGO-03

Established Member
:eek: I had my magnaflow catback system installed this morning. Man does she love to rev and also highway driving is much more improved.Higher end power is much more improved.But the car is loud, I mean louder than I thought. I have had magnaflow mufflers installed on my earlier mustangs but no way as loud. I mean the exhaust really opens and allows the engine to breath. Those guys were right, this engine is loud. But I see it in this aspect, the noise represent the uncorked horsepower. The rumble is intimidating and aggressive.:eek:

Last edited:

Mowgli

Established Member
Originally posted by GOGO-03
....But the car is loud, I mean louder than I thought. ...
Thanks for the info. Since I'm going for not-too-loud, scratch Magnaflows for me.

KingKobra

Established Member
mowgli, I know, that's why I need to hear this... because I was under the impression that the cat-back would be less loud than say, the x-pipe.... I'm just looking for more back sound to balance the S/C'r sound more and growl at camaros. ;)

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by KingKobra
I MUST hear it!!! sound clips please!

Damn dude, I am sorry. I will make clips asap. Last night I put the laptop in the trunk and mounted a microphone right on the bumper. I was planning on putting it on the highway and recording a full out 0-70MPH run. For some reason my laptops windows sound recorder was not working.. I will spend a little time trying to get it to work tonight. :cryying:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by LLCoolStang
Do you have the Magnaflow or Magnapack mufflers?? I only ask cause the Magnapacks are a bit louder.
I was going to ask the same?.

GOGO-03

Established Member
Originally posted by LLCoolStang
Do you have the Magnaflow or Magnapack mufflers?? I only ask cause the Magnapacks are a bit louder.

I have the Magnaflow mufflers, now dont' get me wrong now, I love the sound of this system.It's not loud like flowmasters no not at all. The sound IMO is kick ass. At idle she is quiet, but drop the hammer and the exhaust tell the other cars to get the F@#k out of the way. Thanks Brad for the sound clips, sorry I don't have the equipment to supply the sound.:??:
:burnout:

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
They don't make MagnaPacks for 03 Cobra's yet. I have 'Packs on my 2000 GT - it is loud, but a nice sounding lound - not an annoying sounding loud. Even my neighbors compliment me on the sound. But... I do love setting off car alarms close to me in the parking lot - just by starting my car! :-D

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
But the car is loud, I mean louder than I thought.

You think? It's louder, but it's not LOUD! If you drop the hammer it lets you know it can breathe, but it's not "High School" grab the kids here I come loud.

I drive my 03 everyday. Listen to the radio, talk to passengers, CAN HEAR when I leave my blinker on, etc. I've had the MF on for about 2 weeks now and it's the #1 change anyone can do to their 03.

Yes, it's louder, but not loud. I live in a very conservative neighborhood. Not one person, and trust me they would, has uttered a peep.

Mac03Cobra...

Last edited:

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
I have the Magnaflows on my 03 also, all I can say is they are tame in comparison to the Borlas on my Z06

:beer:

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by dmreitz
Anyone put on the X-pipe AFTER the cat-back? How much louder did it get?

I did. Catted Magnaflow X-pipe. It did not get any louder at all. In fact, it was less motorboaty (Pickup w. Flowmasters sounding) much more exotic - I took a girl to lunch today who asked ME, and she said she just loved the sound of my car, followed me to a mall, and asked me out. I kidunot.

Elliotness

Established Member
Uh-oh... Is it really that loud.. I don't want my car that loud.. Especially a vert maybe I should hold off a tick until I hear some clips.. Someone that has installed a Magnaflow system on a convertible tell me how it sounds...(Preferbly post a clip:thumbsup: )

Last edited:

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
I too added a bassani catted x-pipe after having the MagnaFlows on the car. Changed the tone slightly but didn't make it much louder.

As idle or low speed the car is very quiet.. especially from the outside. But kick it the pants and you are "announced".

darkhorse

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra'03

I did. Catted Magnaflow X-pipe. It did not get any louder at all. In fact, it was less motorboaty (Pickup w. Flowmasters sounding) much more exotic - I took a girl to lunch today who asked ME, and she said she just loved the sound of my car, followed me to a mall, and asked me out. I kidunot.

:p :coolman:
A little off topic and advanced in time, but if you have sex with her in the car and she puts her feet on the windshield; make sure you wipe it down good. If not, her footprints will show when you get any moisture on it from the inside. That would be a cause for explanation if there is another chic in the car.

Oh yeah, and I'm planning on doing the x-pipe and catbacks from Magnaflow too. They have a real quality look to the material besides the primal growl.
:beer:

shoguy

postwhore in training
Established Member
Originally posted by GOGO-03
Those guys were right, this engine is loud. But I see it in this aspect, the noise represent the uncorked horsepower. The rumble is intimidating and aggressive.:eek:

i heard that after you uncork you exahusst and have a k&n conical air filter installed you will get about 400rwhp...it kind cool ...wish i had a 03 ...wish i had a car

Users who are viewing this thread