Magnaflow Catback Installation

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
You need only the basic hand tools for the cat back install. And a jack and jack stands. There is nothing tricky about this install, it is very straight foward. Yes, lube up the hangers with almost anything, looks like white grease from the factory, but anything will work.
You may have to modify, bend, rebend or shorten the tip
hanger(s) to get them to fit behind the bumper correctly. I cut a couple of inches off the driver's side and rebent it when I did mine. It's just a 3/8 inch mild steel rod and easily bent, easier if you have a vise though. Snug everything down but don't tighten it until the you are satisfied with the alignment of the pipes and mufflers with respect to the body of the car. Check for sufficient clearances around the mufflers and tips.

Good luck,
Dana

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Sweet, thanks for the replies. I am going to be doing this at the Hobby Shop I have access to. Only 3 bucks per hour for the drive on lift, and I will have access to all tools I may need, including a vice.
Looking forward to it,
still thinking it wont be loud enough but I hope I am wrong..

Cheers..:beer:

jpetre

Established Member
Like somone else mentioned I sprayed my rubber garmets with WD-40 and it made it much easier. Just giive it a couple shots before you removed the exhaust and it will be much easier. Removal and install, but someone else used soap and water.

Regards,

James P.

Users who are viewing this thread