Maggie 122 Blown GTO

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
guess i am ignorant about how shitty a ls motor sounds when it is built then. i do know if my cobra or shelby sounded like that i would be scared shitless at what i just destroyed or backing out of the throttle quick as hell. but hey if you like your motor sounding like that by all means. funny though that the ls6 motors i have seen with h/c/i dont sound anything but smooth as butter and nasty as hell on the cam. guess they were built better or something hell i dont know, but they are really the only cars i ever cared to look under the hood.

2V99GT

SVT God
Established Member
a lot of people making themselves look dumb in here.

any track times on this GTO? i don't care what auto maker fanboy you are, a properly driven basic H/C/I goat is not going to keep up with a properly driven ported and pullied cobra.

badazzebz06

Established Member

any track times on this GTO? i don't care what auto maker fanboy you are, a properly driven basic H/C/I goat is not going to keep up with a properly driven ported and pullied cobra.

im gonna have to agree with u!! he was sprayin i think a 75 shot on top of his hci

Summerwolf

Established Member

What.....There are a lot of variables, to this statement but a well driven LSx car can be just as fast as a well driven cobra.

Heff03mach1 - yes, you are showing ignorance. A lot of pushrod 5.0's make valvetrain noises somewhat similiar to typical LSx sewing machine noises, for that motor a lot of pushrod motors in general have somewhat noisy valvetrains. Its all in the combo, but most LSx cars with a cam has an amplified valvetrain noise issue. Some people (like me) put in different roller rockers and it sometimes helps a little bit....

Users who are viewing this thread