MAFia necessary?

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
I've read some different opinions on this when researching, so just wanted the latest consensus.

I've got dual pass h/e, 60lb injectors, plugs, idler pulleys, and am waiting on the delivery of a 2.76" upper. I've heard some people say they peg the stock meter on similar setups, and end up ordering the MAFia. What are the chances of this happening with this setup (including rai and exhaust)?

Also, are there issues driving to get a tune with 60lb injectors? Obviously i wouldn't get into any boost before the dyno tune was complete

01yellercobra

Established Member
I was close to pegging my stock MAF with a 2.8" upper. I stepped up to a BA3000 to get some head room and plan for the future. I'd skip the MAFia and go with a different MAF. I ran a MAFia in the past and I'm just not a fan.

Get a start up tune from your tuner. It shouldn't be a problem for them. Or swap injectors in the parking lot.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
All these cars are different, but you will be very close to pegging the stock MAF. Just get an SCT BA2600 MAF, your tuner will thank you. Stay out of boost and you'll be fine.

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback.

Just ordered the sct ba2600. Same price as the others and had much more positive reviews.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good/smart decision on deciding to go with the SCT BA2600.

Let us know how much power/torque you make after the tune/dyno.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
The one thing I like about the mafia is it is tucked away hidden, and the factory maf casing is used. The underhood looks factory, especially if you still have the factory inlet tube. No one has clue it's there when the hood gets popped.

Users who are viewing this thread