MAF question for you twins guys

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
Since the twin turbo kits have to convert blow thru mass air, how hard is it to tune? Does the factory mass air meter have to be ditched in favor of one that has been designed for blow thru duty? Does the blow thru arrangement cause any driveability or tuning problems?

TRBO VNM

with the technology these days the blow through isn't that bad to tune. That is what I have read on these boards from the guys with that setup.

mine is draw through though and I run the SCT BA2800. I think a lot of others use this one as well or even stocker with MAFia or MAFxtender

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
mine works fine. I have SCT 2800 guts in the aluminum C&L housing. idles fine and no problems. Only problem i had was with the stock sct housing. I blew the sensor out at 22lbs.

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
Thanks for the info on that. I was looking at the SCT units and have no qualms about replacing the maf, but I figured I'd ask first about the setup in general. Blow thru setups have come a long way lately and it sounds as if all the bugs have been worked out. Should something like this happen, I'll probably go with what the tuner recommends for the sake of tuning ease.

Users who are viewing this thread