Made the best out of crappy circumstances!!!!!

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
So I was scheduled To go into BBR on Wednesday to get my t56 installed and that went to crap!!!! My brother asked me if I could lend him some money until next month so that screwed my plans!!! Now I have enough money to do the install but I would be left with nothing and I just can't do that!!! Sux balls!!! I get paid in the first week of June but I couldnt wait that long!!! The trans has been sitting in my garage since Tuesday and i have that itch to get this sucker in!!! My cousin works at a maroone dealership and they are allowed to bring in their personal cars on Sundays. He told me he could get it on the lift for me yesterday and maybe check it out!!!! So after like an hour of begging he budged and helped me get it in!!!! Steve I love u guys and I would've done it with no one but u guys but my cousin ended up doing it for free!!! All it cost me was some pizzas and a couple of beers!! Still haven't finished everything as the reverse lights don't work and we left the reverse lockout unplugged which I don't think I will need cause its hard as hell to get into reverse already. So once again Steve I appreciate all the trouble u went through to get me in on Wednesday an I apologize for canceling but it got done!!!!! Sooner than I was expecting too. Can't say enough good things about the guys at BBR!! I got some pics of the install, I wish I could've got more but it wasn't an easy job!!! Post them a little later when I get out of work.

Last edited:

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
Haven't driven it much only about 20 miles but so far feels amazing. Has gotten smoother and smoother with every mile. Ill keep u guys posted!!!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
at least you had access to a lift. when i get mine i will do it on jack stands. transmission installs are not to difficult its just alot of bull work. but anyways im glad you got it going. i would love to see how it feels. maybe we can meet somewhere after you brake it in and the weather does not blow.

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
Night and day difference!!! No crunching when shifting and turning, no whining transmission!!! Gearing doesn't feel too different but I can't really tell yet havent taken it past 4k. At 40mph in second I'm right at about 4k. It feels great so far love the gearing ill give more input when I step on it after break in!!! And manolith let me know when and where I'm down!!!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Night and day difference!!! No crunching when shifting and turning, no whining transmission!!! Gearing doesn't feel too different but I can't really tell yet havent taken it past 4k. At 40mph in second I'm right at about 4k. It feels great so far love the gearing ill give more input when I step on it after break in!!! And manolith let me know when and where I'm down!!!

sweet. what part of miami do you hang by? i live in kendall. there are a bunch of coyotes around here but i dont know any of them.. maybe you are one of those LOL

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
sweet. what part of miami do you hang by? i live in kendall. there are a bunch of coyotes around here but i dont know any of them.. maybe you are one of those LOL

I live in Kendall too!! Close to Braddock!!! Literally right in the middle between Braddock and sunset!!! Throughout the week I stay in pines at my girls house cause its closer to my work but I'm down there all the time!!!

Nuar

Established Member
Awesome man :) Glad to hear youre happy with the swap! Cant beat a free install haha.

Am I the only one that envisioned Joe from Family Guy saying all of the OPs posts? All the exclamation points made it seem like Joe was saying it all in his pumped up yelling voice :p

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I live in Kendall too!! Close to Braddock!!! Literally right in the middle between Braddock and sunset!!! Throughout the week I stay in pines at my girls house cause its closer to my work but I'm down there all the time!!!

ah we are close... im in 96 st and 137 ave. we have to meet up one of this days. maybe catch a heat game at my place

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
No problem bud. I'm just glad you got it taken care of. I understand your situation completely. When it's broken in, bring it up this way.

Users who are viewing this thread